NAT Problems

Moderator: NADEO

jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Re: NAT Problems

Post by jonthekiller »

Hello,

I think it's not open on your router/modem. You need to open the port 2350 (if it's the default).
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

Are you are actually having problems with people connecting to the server? That message is just a warning, telling you to make sure you have things configured properly; it does not necessarily mean players cannot connect. I see that warning with my own servers, despite configuring correctly, and players are able to connect.

Have you tried having people connect, or have you waited because of the warning? We can try joining your server if you have it running currently. Tell us the name.
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

Which title pack is the server running under? And what is the name I would see in the server browser list when I am looking for it?
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

I found one under Stadium called "just test" when searching "kilo". Is that it?
If so, I got the following error:

Could not contact server.
Connection to 192.168.1.1:2351 failed or disconnected from server (1073741824)

Try settingeed to set the <force_ip_address></force_ip_address> setting in the dedicated_cfg.txt file to the external IP address for the server. If you are hosting from home, go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ to get it.

Also, you mentioned getting your firewall and made sure it's not blocking the ports, but were you referring to a software firewall on your server computer? If so, you will also need to make sure any router between your server and the internet is also allowing the port traffic through. Do you have a router that might be blocking the port?
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

Ok, one more thing to try:
Also in your router, forward ports 3450-3460 for both UDP and TCP and see if that helps. After you set up the forwarding rules, please restart your dedicated server, wait 60 seconds, then try connecting again.

Let me know when this is all in place and you have successfully connected, then I will try to connect again.

Good luck!

Return to “Dedicated Server”