Add Titles To Offline Profile

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

Matombo

Add Titles To Offline Profile

Post by Matombo »

When i create an offline Profile, the only stations available are filled with the official titles.
Can i somehow load community titles with an offline profile?
TMarc

Re: Add Titles To Offline Profile

Post by TMarc »

I don't think, as the selection of the titles is stored online.
Matombo

Post by Matombo »

But when i log into my account and then start in offline mode or completly disconnect my pc from the internet and select the profile connected to my account, the installed titles are still accessible. So some kind of copy which stations are loaded has to be stored locally.

My guess is it's stored in the "My Documents/ManiaPlanet/Config/<profile_name>.Profile.Gbx" file. But that's in binary format.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Yes, it is, but it needs to synchronize from time to time.
I guess you have to try ;)
Matombo

Post by Matombo »

So the offline mode has some kind of hidden timeout?

I'm currently looking at openplanets nod explorer, maybe i can find something that works ^^
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Not exactly.
You need an online account. On this the key for the base game is activated.
You can play also offline. However, to ensure your game, your medals, your planets and your titles are updated, you need to connect from time to time.

A pure local account cannot do much.
Perhaps you can assign titles to it which you have downloaded locally.
But I have not tried recently. Things may have changed with the last updates of the game.
Matombo

Post by Matombo »

TMarc wrote: 23 Apr 2020, 10:18 Perhaps you can assign titles to it which you have downloaded locally.
But how?
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Sorry for the confusion. I now have tried it myself. It does not work at all unfortunately.

A local account that is not connected to a online Maniaplanet account just has the official titles that were previously installed and activated on the initial Maniaplanet account.
Or in other words, if you never create an online account, you will only be able to play the official campaigns of the titles you have.
You can try to go to the "online play" menu, but it will always stay empty (no servers visible)

And it is not possible to add custom titles here.

Now, once I create a new local account, and connect it online by creating a new Maniaplanet account,
it gives me the error "You are not authorized to use this build", whatever this means at the moment.
Perhaps it is a bug, or it is because they are currently preparing the new game and some services are now blocked.
The game brings me back to the selection which is only available offline.

Third, if I now use my regular original Maniaplanet account which has all the games, I also have some additional stations there, which I can use online and offline.
I can add a title being offline, by clicking on an empty station and then on "load from disk".
This procedure you probably know already.

To sum it up: pure local accounts don't allow much, only solo play.
Sorry.
Matombo

Post by Matombo »

TMarc wrote: 23 Apr 2020, 18:53 To sum it up: pure local accounts don't allow much, only solo play.
Sorry.
And lan play, i guess? (havent tried yet, maybe it gives an error message once you join a server or something), but only on the offical titles.

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”