A new Trackmania game will be out in July, 1st!

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Alinoa

Re: A new Trackmania game will be out in July, 1st!

Post by Alinoa »

Hello,

There is no announcement regarding the VR implementation done and it's not scheduled to have it in Trackmania for the moment.
For Trackmania Turbo we had released a VR campaign and we had to design specific maps for giving a "comfortable" experience to players.

Cheers :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Demented

Post by Demented »

Sounds like a lot of extra work for a somewhat smaller group of players.
3D - VR is really cool but I think for most people kind of a novelty that hasn't really taken hold yet.
There are a lot of people like me who find it cool but not something they want all the time.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
wazerti

Post by wazerti »

Will there be another announcement before the release of the game ? :cry:
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hello Wazerti,

There will be more communication before the game release yes :pil

Happy Day :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
wazerti

Post by wazerti »

Thanks Alinoa for this awesome new ! :1010
Sandhawk

Post by Sandhawk »

Alinoa wrote: 18 May 2020, 11:10 There will be more communication before the game release yes :pil
May I ask a couple of additional questions? :roll:

1. Will there be a roadmap for the release of new content before July 1?
2. When will there be detailed information about the distribution model of the new game? Will there be a pre-order?
Foril
Location: Lyon, Rhône, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, FRANCE, Terre, Voie Lactée, Univers

Post by Foril »

42 days left.

:yes:

I'd like to ask if there will be the same map generator as TM Turbo possesses or an enhanced version.
I remember using it and the tool often created zigzags of 1 block width and that was quite awful.

EDIT : It misses the question : Augmented Deus Ex Map Machina or not ? Tom Hanks you.
Vivement que ça sorte !
Some works on ShootMania : viewtopic.php?f=439&t=29516
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hello everyone,

We posted a news on the Trackmania website about the access to the game:
Trackmania will offer players three distinct racing experiences, Starter Access, Standard Access and Club Access. All three versions will be available on Epic Games and Uplay beginning July 1.
You can see the full news with the FAQ here: https://trackmania.com/2020/05/27/track ... ub-access/

And here is also comments from Hylis:
Hylis wrote: So, making this live game is one part of the deal, the other has to be the money since we need to keep the team live as well as the game.

The three main goals were :
+ Go back to a free model to widen the player base and easily invite friends to discover it
+ Keep a low price for people who would like to play the classic way for some months
+ Limit to a full price game every three years for any player and enabling us to better update, especially expert features

These three requirements are link to the three access of the game:
Starter for free
Standard access for one year at 9,99€
Club access for three years at 59,99€ (or 29€99 for one year)

I am aware that it is more than what Trackmania and it is made to better align your expectations with the cost of the support for it.
If we want to do it for years, for creation and competitions, we will still have revenues and a responsible reason to do it toward the team.

What is included into each access is detailed like that:

Starter access
• Solo and multiplayer on 25 official tracks every quarter
• Earn medals and track your progression in regional rankings
• Access the Arcade channel including maps created by the players
• Get a taste of Trackmania editors and use the map review servers

Standard access = Starter access +
• Play solo and multiplayer on the daily track selection, including a cup everyday
• Join open clubs campaigns and online rooms
• Create tracks and test them online without restrictions
• Create and share your races replay videos without restrictions
• At the end of your standard access, keep the 100 official maps and the 365 Tracks of the Day

Club access = Standard access +

• Join clubs activities and rankings
• Customize your car with your skins or clubs ones
• Create your club and share your creations and activities
• Compete in the Open Grand League
• At the end of your 1 year period, keep the 100 official maps and the 365 Tracks of the Day
• At the end of your 3 year period, keep the 300 official maps and the 1095 Tracks of the Day
I also write here the FAQ of the website news here:

Frequently Asked Questions

• If I want to upgrade from Standard Access to Club Access before the end of my 1-year period, do I have to pay for a complete access ? You will have to buy a whole access, but you will be compensated with additional months in your Club Access depending on how many months you had left in your previous access.

• Is the game under a subscription model? It’s more like a sport club license model. If you want to compete or practice regularly, a federation helps to organize the competitions, maintain the infrastructures, and you buy a license in return. It’s the same in Trackmania.

• Will I be able to buy official skins or special items in the game? There is no microtransaction in the game. To acquire custom skins and special customization, you need to join clubs through the Club Access. There is no restrictions in the skins you can get and the clubs you can join.

• In the Starter Access, is the map editor available in a light version? The map editor is complete and will include both simplified, and advanced versions, with both keyboard and gamepad options. You will be able to save one track, and if you want to save another track, it will overwrite your previous creation.

• After my access expires, will I lose everything I have earned? No, at the end of your period, you keep the official tracks and Tracks of the Day accumulated
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

thewne

Post by thewne »

Alinoa wrote: 27 May 2020, 16:30
  • Is the game under a subscription model? It’s more like a sport club license model. If you want to compete or practice regularly, a federation helps to organize the competitions, maintain the infrastructures, and you buy a license in return. It’s the same in Trackmania.
Interesting model. :pop:
lukakas157

Post by lukakas157 »

Thanks for information. I have some questions...
Standard Access can create dedicated servers? If so, Starter Access players can join to dedicaded servers created by players?
Last edited by TMarc on 27 May 2020, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: huge quote removed, useless if it is two posts above ;)

Return to “Announcements”