A new Trackmania game will be out in July, 1st!

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Alinoa

Re: A new Trackmania game will be out in July, 1st!

Post by Alinoa »

Hello,

In the Standard edition you can play on dedicated servers or rooms (like in Trackmania Turbo) which are public but you can't create a room or a dedicated server. It's members of the Club editions who can create rooms and dedicated servers.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
lukakas157

Post by lukakas157 »

Alinoa wrote: 27 May 2020, 20:37 Hello,

In the Standard edition you can play on dedicated servers or rooms (like in Trackmania Turbo) which are public but you can't create a room or a dedicated server. It's members of the Club editions who can create rooms and dedicated servers.
That's enough, thank you again ^^
JacquesHume

Post by JacquesHume »

@Alinoa

Hey,
can you specify one thing? Recommended Configuration found on Ubisoft store, does this apply to 4k 120 FPS or 1080p 60fps or other?
Recommended Configuration
Processor MODEL (iNTEL/amd): I ntel Core i7-7700 @ 4.2 GHz/ AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz

RAM AMOUNT: 4 GB RAM

Video Card MODEL: All cards compatible with DirectX 11 and between 2GB and 4GB VRAM
auauflo

Post by auauflo »

xD
Last edited by Miss on 28 May 2020, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited out spam
Subscription :
An amount of money that you pay regularly to receive a product or service
e.g. We bought our niece an annual subscription to the new trackmania 2020
Tekay37

Post by Tekay37 »

- With 465 tracks added to your track inventory every year, how will you be able to manage them? Will there be some folder or category structure for the tracks and/or will there be some "favorite tracks" and/or search features?

- Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to gift the game via uplay or EGS. How can I gift the game to viewers on a stream?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I must say that I am dissapointed. While I am happy to throw money at Nadeo as up to this point they have been great with their game designs and fantastic at not placing a barrier between developer and playerbase. However I have in principal a real aversion to anything subscription. I ask for Nadeo to consider having a "lifetime" purchase option, otherwise I will (and likely others who think the same way) will opt to consciously choose to play the free starter access and Nadeo will forgo any money and community effort they would have otherwise received.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Interesting point.
But if you consider a lifetime of say 10 to 15 years, how much should that cost then? Just multiplying, 10 years would be about 300€ and 15 years about 450€. I guess nobody wants to pay that much at once.

Nadeo plans to do lot of stuff (like they already promised in the past, but not always did), so that it should be definitely more worth than a single game purchase of e.g. 30 to 50€.

On the other side, there are games like train or flight simulators which have partially quite costly DLC, just one new set,track or locomotive or plane can cost 20 to 100€ alone. People can spend thousands of €s during the time, if they like.
And there are paper magazine subscriptions which run endless, until one cancels it.

Perhaps don't see it as subscription, see it as 3 years usage fee, which you are free to stop or renew at the end if that period.
SSMThierry

Post by SSMThierry »

salut
les serveur dédié que l on peu crée c est comme turbo sans possibilité de System de record & Rank serveur comme pyplanet ou uaseco etc... ??

Hello
the dedicated server that can be created is like turbo without the possibility of a Server Record & Rank System like planet or uaseco etc ... ??

de SSM°Speed
PS la réponse je c est pas pourquoi va être long a venir
PS the answer is not why it will take a long time to come
Last edited by SSMThierry on 28 May 2020, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
Tekay37

Post by Tekay37 »

@TMarc, @Mikey

To understand subscription models one needs to understand that there has been a significant change in software development in the last decade or two.

There was a time where you would buy a finished product on a data disc. This product would be maintained for some time, but basically after release the programmers would move on to a new project. Sometimes these new projects were sequel products (like Microsoft Office 200x, FIFA 1998 - 2020, etc.). In order to get an update for a program you would have to buy(!) the new version and discard the old one.

With computer games this has become a problem as sequel games often lead to a split of the community the game depends on. You can see that with Trackmania where you still have many people playing many different versions of the game. Often enough new sequels of a game don't have enough "new" stuff to justify a new game release and even charge a full game price.

Also before 2000 software developers wouldn't provide any infrastructure for online multiplayer. When you wanted to play counter strike online someoneâ„¢ would have to rent a gaming server or 5-20$ a month(!). Today game developers provide the full server architecture. No player has to pay any third party for a game server. Instead you just click "create server" within the game and you're ready to go. This creates huge continuous costs for the game developers.

To counter these maintainability problems many game developers started to only release their game once and then just support that single release. But since the developers don't work for free the companies still need some continuous income. So first they switched to micropayments and made their games "Free To Play". But these microsystems have flaws.
For one some of the microtransaction systems like "loot boxes" are basically gambling systems. Politicians got aware of that and started to regulate them stronger. That's why Fortnite and Rocket League now ave a different system where you know what pay for before you pay. But their items are expensive. A single "Black market" rarity Item in RL costs 20-23$. That's because players often have 1000+ items already and aren't very interested in new items anymore, but the developers still have to pay the bills for their game.
For two those microtransaction systems lead to a focus on maximizing the revenue with useless loot or creating time sink mechanisms that could be skipped with the magical power of real money. Thus game developers stopped focussing on enjoyable gameplay, but on the frustration that would lead to payment.

Game developers who are aware of all these problems choose to hide functionality behind a subscription-like model where you don't pay for the game anymore but for services like support, infrastructure, and further development of the software. And Nadeos model actually reflects that.

(But, if you want to see the payment as something where you actually buy and "own" something afterward: for 10$ you get 100 tracks. That's less than 10 cents for a track a Member of Nadeo probably spent up to 2 days of work on. That's already a great deal, I'd say.)
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

JacquesHume wrote: 27 May 2020, 21:34 @Alinoa

Hey,
can you specify one thing? Recommended Configuration found on Ubisoft store, does this apply to 4k 120 FPS or 1080p 60fps or other?
Recommended Configuration
Processor MODEL (iNTEL/amd): I ntel Core i7-7700 @ 4.2 GHz/ AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz

RAM AMOUNT: 4 GB RAM

Video Card MODEL: All cards compatible with DirectX 11 and between 2GB and 4GB VRAM
Hello JacquesHume,
You meant 4k 60fps or 1080 120fps instead of 4k 120 FPS or 1080p 60fps? I don't think that we can have this quality with all cards compatible with DirectX 11. I don't have more information for the moment about which graphic cards can garantuee this quality.
Tekay37 wrote: 28 May 2020, 01:09 - With 465 tracks added to your track inventory every year, how will you be able to manage them? Will there be some folder or category structure for the tracks and/or will there be some "favorite tracks" and/or search features?

- Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to gift the game via uplay or EGS. How can I gift the game to viewers on a stream?
You can organize tracks with folders. For your viewers you can still invite them to test out the free access. This possibility doesn't exist on Uplay and EGS but maybe it will be possible later.
Mikey wrote: 28 May 2020, 01:15 I must say that I am dissapointed. While I am happy to throw money at Nadeo as up to this point they have been great with their game designs and fantastic at not placing a barrier between developer and playerbase. However I have in principal a real aversion to anything subscription. I ask for Nadeo to consider having a "lifetime" purchase option, otherwise I will (and likely others who think the same way) will opt to consciously choose to play the free starter access and Nadeo will forgo any money and community effort they would have otherwise received.
Hello Mickey,
Actually it's not a subscription model but an access to the game for a limited time. You pay for having access to the game for one period and that's it. When the time is over, you have to buy the game again for the time that you want to access it again.
SSMThierry wrote: 28 May 2020, 07:38

salut
les serveur dédié que l on peu crée c est comme turbo sans possibilité de System de record & Rank serveur comme pyplanet ou uaseco etc... ??

Hello
the dedicated server that can be created is like turbo without the possibility of a Server Record & Rank System like planet or uaseco etc ... ??

de SSM°Speed
PS la réponse je c est pas pourquoi va être long a venir
PS the answer is not why it will take a long time to come
Hello Speed,
You have both systems: you can create rooms as in Turbo and dedicated servers as in maniaplanet if you have the club access to Trackmania.

Cheers :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

Return to “Announcements”