A new Trackmania game will be out in July, 1st!

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

lukakas157

Re: A new Trackmania game will be out in July, 1st!

Post by lukakas157 »

mazzyfred wrote: 02 Jun 2020, 09:41
If you make a free to play game, allow everyone to play with the game, and sell stuff above that for people who are ready to pay for skins, access to tournaments, and so on. Make some new skins obtainable through XP gain, accelerate XP gain through premium accounts, but do not prevent FTP players to access all the available servers. I have been playing other online game since I left the TM community 8 years ago, and having such a weird stance between FTP game (more like a rolling demo) and a subscription model is kinda weird.

But as I stated earlier, I know nothing on the business side, and I wish Nadeo all the luck in the world with this (i won't call it new) game.
If Standard or Club Access players made Starter Access player to buy the subscription would be good to give them incremental extend subscription period. Then if Starter Access players can join on dedicated/rooms servers freely the popularity will increase and if we motivate them to buy the subscription the sales will increase too!
kidmaciek

Post by kidmaciek »

Recent discussions on reddit and YouTube show that not only there's negativity surrounding the new payment model, it seems like a lot of people don't actually know about the fact that new Trackmania will be available for free. I think that's a big sign for Nadeo and Ubisoft to focus their marketing around this single feature. Please, if you're going to release some gameplay trailer or whatever marketing article, make it well and easily understandable that YOU. CAN. PLAY. THIS. GAME. FOR. FREE. :pil
tcq

Post by tcq »

Thank you for the answers Alinoa.

Just some question as I do not have any experience with the stores listed on the pre-order site:
  • What is the difference between the Ubisoft store (only available when ordering Standard-Access or Club-Access), while the free version is exclusively for the Epic games store? Is it possible to use something like pay-safe card for the Ubisoft store?
  • If I pre-order the game from the German site, I can still select English language?
  • Will there be a similar login-protection for long-time users as we had it during the Maniaplanet launch, or how are the logins assigned for this game?
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

The free version will also be there in the Uplay store.
It is not there at the moment because that does not need to be preorderer obviously ;)

About the payment methods, they are mentioned in the faq:
https://support.ubisoft.com/de-de/Faqs/ ... ySafeCard.

The language selection should be the one you have in Uplay.
I don't know if the game can be downloaded and installed outside of Uplay later.
Miss

Post by Miss »

tcq wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 10:53If I pre-order the game from the German site, I can still select English language?
Yes, Uplay games typically have a language selection dropdown menu:

Without a doubt, the new TM is going to have this as well!
mazzyfred wrote: 02 Jun 2020, 13:35 TM is not a AAA game (which i never buy full price anyway).
Nadeo has not a great history regarding the whole "promises made, promises kept"
Paying 20 $ a year for a 10 year old game with improved graphics seems a bit a stretch to me.
But I also fully understand that I am not the target audience for this game.
Then don't pay 20$ a year, pay the 10$ a year one instead, or just play the free version if all you care about is "improved graphics" :P
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

You should have read "It is not "exactly" that, because some players were afraid we keep credit card information and charge on a regular basis. So we started to answer quickly to some people in various places. Hope it clarifies a little. :thx:
McBain

Post by McBain »

I have a question towards the 3 types: basic, starter, club.

Do these packs consider that the customers have very different interests?
* When I want to do esports in the new TM then of course I want to play in the big competitions
* When I want to build maps, mod, host servers then I want something else
* When I just want to drive solo campaign
* im sure there are more target customers for the new tm so how do these options fit to these groups?

I think the first thing is just kinda demo mode but the other 2 I dont understand the target groups.

Because I would understand to pay a high price for club when I know there are big prizes in the esport events hosted for the club members. Then its kinda a lottery (the tournaments) with skill. But Im not sure if i get the point of the club and who would be target group of it.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

There is never anything which will suit everybody perfectly, you have to make choices.

Hence the thre different versions, to start with.
If you don't konw which to chose, start with the free version. Once you need access to clubs you can increment.

Nadeo also has to try and learn how it will go.
This is just the current model, but it might change in middle future as well.
Yrp360

Post by Yrp360 »

I don't quite understand where the controversy lies : if the game is good and you like it, you can play it...for free or for a fee. The choice is yours.

For my part I'm just disappointed that it's a remake of the only environment I don't enjoy to ride or map...but it's a matter of taste ! :pil
SSM.Speed...

Post by SSM.Speed... »

salut
le première juillet c est ma fête saint Thierry
jais le droit au club gratuit ?? :roflol:

Hello
the first of july it's my feast saint thierry
I have the right to free club ??
createur de server depuis 2005 nadeo 1>tmnf 2>tmc et 4>Stad² 15>storm 43> server matchmaking pour un total de 65 server 24/24 createur du FanClub SSM

Return to “Announcements”