Lagoon D11 Times completely wiped

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

Alinoa

Re: Lagoon D11 Times completely wiped

Post by Alinoa »

ydoowoody wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 04:12
Miss wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 11:38 Just did a quick test, and no, pausing during gameplay does not invalidate replays for me. (Not sure why you're pausing exactly though.)
Pausing multiple times invalidates any run. I ran a test on A01 and paused like 30 times to prove a point. Invalid replay. Here's the replay https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... Replay.Gbx
Hello,

So you know what to do for having your run not invalidated.

Happy Gaming!
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Miss

Post by Miss »

ydoowoody wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 04:12
Miss wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 11:38 Just did a quick test, and no, pausing during gameplay does not invalidate replays for me. (Not sure why you're pausing exactly though.)
Pausing multiple times invalidates any run. I ran a test on A01 and paused like 30 times to prove a point. Invalid replay. Here's the replay https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... Replay.Gbx
Dang. I was testing pausing multiple times on Canyon during a very simple map. Maybe I just didn't pause enough :roflol:
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
mooseman2099

Post by mooseman2099 »

This also causes internet connection to lag. Seen it before on many servers.
Miss

Post by Miss »

mooseman2099 wrote: 14 Jun 2020, 12:07 This also causes internet connection to lag. Seen it before on many servers.
You're talking about pressing escape to pause? I'm really confused as to what you mean here.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
ydoowoody

Post by ydoowoody »

Don't get me wrong, I am proud of the time, Ill beat it regardless eventually, just annoying that the map turned into a start simulator because you cant pause the game. Pausing made it 90% consistent and now the fun is mostly gone. Feel bad for *Old Bobby Random* who gets a knock on the door, pauses, then 5 minutes later accidentally gets a near-impossible cut WR... just to be bugged off it lol.

If pausing was not allowed, it wouldnt be allowed or there would be a big "Hey, you just paused invalidating your time, dont do that" every time (I guess TMU did that?); pretty clearly a bug.

The times in TMT were manually re-validated by Nadeo where users were pausing, Id wager with 99% certainty that pausing shouldnt invalidate your times; especially when the average user could run into it and have no idea what they did wrong.

Thanks for the help though.

(I didnt mention it here, but pausing ONE time and finishing a map invalidates your run)
ydoowoody

Post by ydoowoody »

Pausing Once
https://gfycat.com/spitefulbothgypsymoth

Not pausing
https://gfycat.com/sillylittleasiaticle ... hwaterclam

lol

Edit: (cleaned up so they sync a little better)
I just feel like using an intended mechanic shouldnt break your times, or there should at least be a warning/notice. Not a big deal.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

It is certainly not intended.
For me it is quite obvious that any interruption of a run invalidates it.
It might and should not affect the time of driving on the map, but the total time is longer.

In any real motorsport races, there are no deliberate pauses. There are check points, there are pit stops, but it is required for every driver to follow the rules.
If a driver pauses by himself any time, you can be sure he probably won't win the race, unless he is the first, and has enough gap to the second.

But in TM, where runs take only few seconds up to few minutes, a break should simply abort the current run, and ideally make you resume from the start.
mooseman2099

Post by mooseman2099 »

I might be on a different wave length to this idea of pausing. I have a friend who paused the game and his lags the internet as his is a lower rate of internet speed 30(is it mb or gb) mine does not do anything at 100(mb or gb). The same as Tmarc didn't. I don't see how a pause can increase your game speed when you pause the game. Are you sure you are not just getting more skilled at the game. :thumbsup:
ydoowoody

Post by ydoowoody »

Youre right, a break should probably abort the run.

The problem is when you pause, it says "Resume - Give Up - Next Track - Quit" and not "Give Up - Give Up - Next Track - Quit".

Pausing is intended, we can agree on that at a minimum. But it's a bug and it should probably be looked into and either be fixed (Pausing won't invalidate times), or not ("Hey you just paused the game, your times are invalid" or "Invalidate Time - Give Up - Next Track - Quit". I couldn't care less about my personal time anymore; I think it'd be like 3rd place lol. But now we're in the same situation as honking your horn breaking times without anyone knowing. ex. Sure it's an intended mechanic to honk, but there's a bug where horns slow down FPS and invalidate your times, you just have to find out the hard way that horns are bad.

This is just a friendly bug report now :)

(Who am I kidding, Ill see you crazy pause-bugs, checkpoint-bugs, land-bugs, etc in about 15 days and it'll be like we first met :thx: )

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”