A new Trackmania game will be out in July, 1st!

Read all the announcements made by Nadeo in this forum

Moderator: English Moderator

Tekay37

Re: A new Trackmania game will be out in July, 1st!

Post by Tekay37 »

rat_in_car wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 22:08 I must say - I'm impressed. This is 3rd? 4th stadium so far?
That's a very superficial way of looking at it. You could look at it in an even more superficial way and say, that this is the 17th (?) trackmania. But this way of looking at things will consistently lead you to missing the point of things.
rat_in_car wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 22:08 And this time is not enough to sell single environment for full price, but someone invented brilliant idea that players should pay subscription once per year.
You actually don't pay for the game. You pay for using Nadeos servers and for future development of the game. Something that did not happen for the 16 other trackmania games. These are the 2 choices available:
(a) A new release every 2nd year, but older games don't get any updates.
(b) Only 1 game is released and it gets updates and new features regularly.

An option like "buy once, get your game updated without extra cost" does not exist. If you prefer (a) then there are 16 trackmania games for you to enjoy.
rat_in_car wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 22:08 Making chat available only for players who pay subscription has only one advantage - It will decrease number of complains in game. If anyone believed that game will become a success, he would turn on chat for players who would encourage others to subscribe.
Have you ever played a competitive game on a server? Toxic players hurt communities and it's better to have their toxicity in a forum like this than in the game itself. Those who pay for the game are less likely to risk their account.
Whitestar

Post by Whitestar »

As with other Nadeo releases this one is also plagued by controller issues.
I'll have to wait for those to be resolved before I can play.

It's a bit frustrating I have to say, but as long as it's fixed soon then I won't complain too loudly.
lhzr

Post by lhzr »

Hi,

How can we download new maps for local multiplayer?
Can we download one of the club campaigns, for example? Or, at least, the maps from one separately?

I went to trackmania exchange and looked around a bit, but under mappacks there is nothing and searching the map list didn't yield any results (I searched for the mario and doge campaigns).

Thanks!
mooseman2099

Post by mooseman2099 »

Hi guys I was also disappointed with the no chat system. I don't agree with.
Have you ever played a competitive game on a server? Toxic players hurt communities and it's better to have their toxicity in a forum like this than in the game itself. Those who pay for the game are less likely to risk their account.
This has nothing to do with toxic chatter. Its to get people to pay for the chat option. I actually like the game, but to be able to talk is a god given write for these type of games. Has any other game got this option taken away. Not one I have heard of.

Toxic players are players who are rare and always ignored or have to much power in there own world(Servers). People have views and views are important. Its a Liberty. And on a real note they cant remove their account just remove them from a server by an admin. See what you are missing with this being limited. I myself have only been removed from a server once for saying a track made by a team member of NADEO (not Nadeo tracks i don't think unless you have a bloody team then shame on you.) was to long and the turn was not flowing.

There are toxic in ever member of play and I don't believe that was toxic when I was band from that server. Just constructive criticism on my part.
I am not perfect as I talk a lot. I mean A lot. I love the chatter from all our nations. And am so grateful they can talk in English for me. I am very proud of our little community and all my friends who I would never have met other wise. Thank you Nadeo and Ubisoft for my first ever online game.

If I started today I would never have continued or Joined a team. Maybe this view will give a light.

Sorry If I offend. I always do try to be honest in my written form.
glide33

Post by glide33 »

The game only came out 3 days ago and already there's a lot of user-made tracks and it's not organized at all. It's just a mess. There should be categories, like short tracks, fullspeed, long, multilap, etc. along with what terrain.
rat_in_car

Post by rat_in_car »

glide33 wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 17:35 The game only came out 3 days ago and already there's a lot of user-made tracks and it's not organized at all. It's just a mess. There should be categories, like short tracks, fullspeed, long, multilap, etc. along with what terrain.
I heard similar arguments about Turbo - "the game only came out week ago" etc. And then not even one change was made and we saw statement that Turbo is final product. I never heard of company that releases game after 2010 that says right after release so their product is final, complete and there will be no fixes or any changes.

And then hey - no big deal, I can buy TMT just for Lagoon, because I heard that I'll be able to get Lagoon in TM2 if I already have TMT. We all know what happened.

So I'm just being sceptical about all that great future. Sure, we're people who loves TM and spend hundreds of hours playing TMUF, TM2, TMT etc. But we're just customers, not community. I heard that in case other games community have some influence on how product will looks like and how it changes, and producers made some changes for people. I'm not sure if it works in case TrackMania.
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

Tekay37 wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 01:55 An option like "buy once, get your game updated without extra cost" does not exist. If you prefer (a) then there are 16 trackmania games for you to enjoy.
Of course it exists, are You new to gaming industry? If we pay subscription for TM now, I at least expect more weekly updates than fortnite which is f2p with optional battle pass and does not lock gameplay specific content behind pay wall.
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

You all can be assured that many people of the community gave very good input to Nadeo during the alpha tests, and they still give after the release to help eradicate the bugs which are still there.
And Nadeo developers are very responsive. Many blocks were added or changed after feedback from the alpha testers.

So this is definitely not a game which was done alone by Nadeo and without interaction of players.

You all know very well that there is not really one community where everyone has the exact same opinion and whishes.
Therefore stop naming the community where you alone don't like this or that.
Because we are all part of this community, and not all players share your view of things.

Anyways, this is the announcement topic and the game was already released.
If you want to discuss about bugs, changes, ideas, improvements, please go to the Ubisoft forum.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/forumdisplay ... Trackmania

Return to “Announcements”