Backwards is faster again (Vally, Canyon?)

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Tobirousch

Backwards is faster again (Vally, Canyon?)

Post by Tobirousch »

Yo everyone. As some might know already Backwards was found to still be faster in Vally and possebly Canyon aswell. Instead of going straight you gain extra speed by very precise turning. This is only possible with wheel or by changing your gamepad sensetivity beyond "normal" settings. So far two maps have "fallen" to this "trick".

Since Nadeo tried to fix it last time I think they should do it again.

[media]https://streamable.com/g71v5n[/media]
mp2.png
mp2.png (290.72 KiB) Viewed 7152 times
mp1.png
mp1.png (312.78 KiB) Viewed 7152 times
Miss

Re: Backwards is faster again (Vally, Canyon?)

Post by Miss »

Oof, yeah this should probably get fixed :(
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
scavfan

Post by scavfan »

To describe in detail, the current trick is similar to reverse driving from several years back, but this time it requires specific left and right movements ("wiggling") and enough space on tarmac to be an advantage. It is possible with controller, wheel, joystick... Pretty much any analog device. DXTweak can make it easier by limiting the maximum steering amount.
However, this trick is impossible to perform on the keyboard. Attempting such a trick results in a car sliding out quite quickly.

I've been informed that A15 is also doable with the trick described.

If Nadeo decides to actually patch this, I'd suggest putting a speed limit to reverse driving. I hope that's doable without breaking the physics or making many "legitimate" world records irrelevant cause of physics changes.
riolu

Post by riolu »

While this can be regarded as "just another technique", I feel like backwards driving is a step too far and is a potential threat for many other records - especially when you keep in mind the fact that this is not doable for keyboard players whatsoever, essentially ruining fairness and competition (something that has been heavily emphasized on with all TM2 environments).

I'd love to know what Nadeo thinks is the best choice. I'm personally vouching for a fix and a deletion of all impacted records.
Sunspinx

Post by Sunspinx »

In any case it is the greatest joke of all times ! :0010 :teub:
But nothing happens ... as so often. :(
I don't know, it's the mystery bug that unfix itself alone :mrgreen:

Return to “Trackmania 2”