Missing Object

Discuss everything related to custom data creation.

Moderator: NADEO

Entity73

Missing Object

Post by Entity73 »

Hello

I have a concern, surely missed something:

I created an object with a custom texture, created in meshmodler and in the material editor.
so far everything is going well, the texture is applied to my object, I use my object in my map and when I want to save, I have the following message:

Please note: No custom object or block will be incorporated into this map.
The map cannot be loaded if the necessary objects are not in the ManiaPlanet folder.
Reason: Some custom objects or blocks use textures or skins that are neither resources included with the game, nor with the current title:
-List of objects

I also tried creating a titlepack including my objects and including the dds files used there, but I cannot include the Mat.Gbx file. and always the same problem when I save my map.

If anyone has an idea, I'm interested

thank you
Entity73

Re: Missing Object

Post by Entity73 »

it's good, i found

TY FOR YOUR HELP
niebo26

Post by niebo26 »

Hi Entity

I know it's a bit late now you found, but i'm gonna write it down for other users just in case ^^

Custom Materials with custom textures can't be embedded in a map, because the data here exceed the maximum authorized to be embedded (1MB) in a map. Players who want to share maps with these kinds of materials have to also send the materials themselves.
An easy way to do that though is to make a titlepack that can contain any data you want, and an easy way to make a titlepack is through the titlemaker :thumbsup:
Anything that you create in the titlemaker will be saved in the title WIP folder (in your Documents/Maniaplanet/WorkTitles/<name_of_the_title>), in the right folder (Items/ for Items for example). In case of materials, if you already created everything needed for them, you can move your data from Documents/Maniaplanet/Materials to Documents/Maniaplanet/WorkTitles/<name_of_the_title>/Materials, and there you have it ^^

If you move Items from your base Documents folder to the WorkTitles one though, you'll have to put the materials files and items in the same places they were (Items reference other files "relatively")

Niebo
"Don't mesh around !" - ® Haagse, 2019

SUPER SONIC SPEED !

Look for niebo26 in TMU & in TM² :)
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Unfortunately I'm still getting this error message.

What I found out, if I add the textures (one by one, hence very tedious!) to the resources xml of the title pack, the error is gone.
But this apparently only works with the "old" Maniaplanet-original title pack editor, as it adds the file names to ManiaPlanetTitle.xml

Now, when I try the same with the newer Title Maker (Dommys work), the error message is always there when saving the map with the custom item,
although the item, as well as its materials and textures, are moved to the corresponding folders below the worktile main folder,
e.g. the item in Items, and materials and textures in Materials.
I cannot edit the ManiaPlanetTitle.xml since the TitleMaker overwrites that.
And in the file resources.xml I can only have folders?

Hence again the question:
how to add custom objects with custom materials and textures to a title pack and get rid of the warning message?

Return to “Title Pack & Custom Data Creation”