[TitlePack] CardMelee

Moderator: English Moderator

Fadden

Re: [TitlePack] CardMelee

Post by Fadden »

Hi,

A server is available to test CardMelee with 6 players. Please report all bugs here or on the CardMelee Maniaflash :)
Elle est où la poulette ?
Wabbitface

Post by Wabbitface »

Played it today with up to 5 players, seemed pretty good. More fun with more than 4 anyway.
Liam 'Wabbitface' Watson
ShootMania Shout-caster
Specs | Intel i5-3570k @ 3.80GHz | 16GB 2400MHz | Nvidia GTX 780 | Win10.1 64bit | Asus Maximus V Formula
NecroBoss

Post by NecroBoss »

Sometimes, there is the same card twice in the same draft.

This TitlePack is very fun though ^^
Ozon

Post by Ozon »

I agree. I noticed the randomness is not very well. Can you avoid 2 same cards per choice-set somehow in your script, fadden? :thx: '

Sometimes I get a set of ARROW and ARROW. I cannot choose something else, nor have a choice.
I think it is cool to have these intense moments of "making the right choice" when e.g. you have to choose between Tank Armor and Arrow. But what about a card like "Choose none of these and discard your first non-weapon card"?

It adds another guaranteed choice.
ManiaExchange Lead Developer, video person and experienced project organizer.
Discord: Ozon#0359 · MX · Adventcalendar resources · TM-Tube is back
Fadden

Post by Fadden »

Hello !

I'm happy to tell you that the title has already been updated for Maniaplanet 4 ! What speed ! What efficiency! :mrgreen:

Nothing should have change since an asteroid exploded Maniaplanet 3. The only thing that has been done is to make the title work on Maniaplanet 4, so it is quite possible you will encounter bugs or other unpleasant things, in which case feel free to report them here.
It's even more likely that no one will play it and in this case there won't be any bugs which is pretty cool!

See you in 6 years !
Fadden

Post by Fadden »

You haven't heard about it on the TV news, but there was an update from CardMelee two weeks ago (it's madness).

This update brought:
- When you are alone on the server because the opponents are too scared, stupid bots spawn to let off steam.
- It is now possible to have multiple weapons. Weapon cards add up instead of discard. The weapon is changed with the mouse wheel.
- Clarification of the text of some cards.
- Fixed display when Weakening card effect is applied (red cross on discarded cards did not appear).
- The display in the spawn now fit 6 players.
- Internal improvements.

And today, another update:
- 3 New cards
Image Image Image

- And a rule change : the rule "When you hit a player with more points than you, you get +1 bonus point" becomes "When you hit the leader, if he has more points than you, you get +1 bonus point".
This rule was intended to tighten the ranking, making the games tighter even if the difference in level between the players was significant. But it seems it works too well and that not very good players, doing a bad game, end up with a ranking they don't think to deserve.
By changing it this way, the fight for victory should always be close, but only between those who deserve it.
This change is not final, it is more of a test, feel free to say if you like it or not (after playing eh).
Last edited by Fadden on 28 Dec 2020, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hi Fadden,

Thank you for your message :D
If you wanted to create a CardMelee program for the Shootmania channels (https://www.maniaplanet.com/channels/shootmania), please send me a private message and I would schedule it in the grid.

Cheers :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Fadden

Post by Fadden »

Today is the day of CardMelee 4.3 Update :)

This update brings the first custom weapon in CardMelee : the Firering ! A short-range projectile, which slows down until it stops and explodes.

This update also comes with an important change : In order to make the most of the maps judiciously designed by mappers who are experts in the art of placing blocks without looking at their screen, autoswitch weapon is now always enabled for all players on tech pads. So the Autoswitch weapon card is removed.

And last point: Sniper, Savage, Faster reload and In fine fettle cards have been rebalanced.

Have a nice day !
Fadden

Post by Fadden »

If you are alone or only 2 players, there is now bots really playing CardMelee, drafting cards with you, etc...

They are not always very good, but they are respectful :)
Fadden

Post by Fadden »

Today big update with CardMelee Teams mode ! :P

Now play in 2v2 or 3v3 !

This new mode comes with a huge improvement : a new killfeed (or rather Hitfeed). It allows you not to miss what is happening in the game! (also available in ffa mode).

And there are some changes in cards rarity :
Vampire is less rare, Cheating Rockets is more rare, and Awkward opponents is the rarest possible (some will be happy ;)).

Team draft : you see what your mates are picking in live. Useful if you are not on a vocal channel.

The Killfeed (on top right) gives you all the information you need.
And this screenshot to show how I am good 8-)

A big thanks to Jack Dalton, Kozika and Red Shreder for testing !

Return to “Title Packs”