Is it possible to edit the Texture Decal Textures?

Talk about avatars, crosshairs, mods, skins and share them !

Moderator: English Moderator

janfo

Is it possible to edit the Texture Decal Textures?

Post by janfo »

Hello, I have the Question if its possible to include modded Tetures that are originally in the Folder Texture Decal.
I don't know how to save the texture so it works in the game. I know how to edit the textures that are in the Folder Texture.

The Problem is that you have these 2D Decals, that only fit to the original nadeo texture.
When I have a different Wall it will look really ugly with high settings

So does anyone know how to get rid of them already in the mod? Without the players needing to uncheck the checkmark in Graphic Options?
I already found a texture File named DecalsGround_D, I think there are at least some of the things you see on the walls

I hope someone reads this and can help me
Thanks!
meuh21

Re: Is it possible to edit the Texture Decal Textures?

Post by meuh21 »

Of course you can change decals textures. In your exemple just try to delete all the decals textures in your mod anf everything should be fine.

File could be DecalsGround

Sorry many years I've not explore my Shootmania mod folder...
janfo

Post by janfo »

Thank you for the answer! I think its possible like this:

At least locally I don't see any decals anymore. I just didn't get it to work on a server for other players, even with the .loc file and uploaded on maniapark. But I think it should work, I'll figure it out

this is to get an idea how the mod looks:
Harest

Post by Harest »

janfo wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 00:42... At least locally I don't see any decals anymore. I just didn't get it to work on a server for other players, even with the .loc file and uploaded on maniapark. But I think it should work, I'll figure it out
The issue is still in TM2020 even so... Good luck with that ^^. I tried to understand it back then and made a thread, initially to understand why it was downloading mods already existing locally. But yh it's extremely messy and the only solution that really works is for the players to simply download the mod and put it in the local folder it should be in.
I've no idea why this is so bad. The fact there seems to be no checksum for the embedded things in a map (in the header at least) might be a trail.
janfo

Post by janfo »

Thank you for the answer and contribution to the Issue.
I will read your thread, too. Its bad to hear that there is in fact a real issue that is not only for me or that I did something wrong. That it may cannot be solved.

Do you know if it would work when a mod is included in a title pack?
Otherwise I just really need to post the mod and people that want to see the mod need to download it and put it themselves into the folder.

But I will keep on trying to make it work without players having to do something manually.
Harest

Post by Harest »

I think including the mod in a Title Pack will be fine yes. That's how the TM RPG TP for TM² worked back then and there was no issue. But eventually they met an issue with the TP size limit of 4GB. So they decided to remove the mods from the TP. Most if not all RPG maps got updated by Eyebo mainly iirc on MX (Mania-Exchange) to include the locators for the mods.

Return to “Workbench”