Stereoscopic 3D doesn't work

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

vegetableharry

Stereoscopic 3D doesn't work

Post by vegetableharry »

Hello,

If I setup Anayglyph it seems to work correctly. But in all other settings, like Side-By-Side, I only see left Eye, while other Side is completely black!

I tried different things, this problem appears on different PCs with different hardware. It appears wheather I use a 3D monitor or a 2D monitor.

I tried running with Admin privileges. I tried to disable Antialias. Nothing worked so far.

Has anyone else the same problem, or am I the only one?

Has anyone a solution for this?
TMarc

Re: Stereoscopic 3D doesn't work

Post by TMarc »

This was reported already a while back, but it is unfortunately part of things which never get fixed quickly.

Stereoscopy cannot be configured properly at the moment, and it is not available in the new graphics settings menu either.
vegetableharry

Post by vegetableharry »

I found this for forum thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41242

There I could download a frozen version 3 of the game, where 3D still worked. I'm finally able to play the game again.

Little dislaimer, the frozen version seems to only work for accounts and games, that were already activated back, when this version was around. So I think nadeo should still repair the problem or provide the old version to new customers as well.

Also the old version obviously doesn't include "Lagoon". So no playing Lagoon in 3d, I suppose.
vegetableharry

Post by vegetableharry »

Ok, I found another workaround.

I used ReShade (https://reshade.me/) with Depth3D (https://github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D)
[I think the latter is already part of the reshade installer, but in case it is not, use the gitbub link].

One disclaimer though: Depth3D only creates a 3D image from the Depth buffer, which has a slightly less quality*.

Here I changed the following values to get a good result:
ZPD & Separation = 0.380, 0.186
Depth Map Selection = DM1 Reversed

and I also had to Swap Eyes, but that really depends on your 3D output method (I used Line interlaced, for Red/Cyan output I didn't need to swap eyes).

*Actually the quality of depth buffer 3D can heavily vary dependend on the 3D engine. Here it gives rather good results.

BTW This methods also works with Trackmania 2020 and I assume it would also work with Turbo (but haven't tested the latter yet).

Return to “Maniaplanet Reports”