[TMUF] Running on both integrated and dedicated GPU

Discuss everything and more.

Moderator: English Moderator

Nunuch

[TMUF] Running on both integrated and dedicated GPU

Post by Nunuch »

Hello.

I have a weird problem when playing Trackmania United Forever where my integrated GPU and dedicated GPU are both running when playing the game.
The game is running fine with no lag, but as it is using both GPUs (especially the integrated one), it makes my laptop runs hot.
I have a Intel i5 10300H and an RTX 2060. When running the game, my RTX seems to hover between 20 and 30% of use and my integrated GPU runs way higher at 70 to 90% of use.

I already had some problems on other games were they would use my integrated GPU instead of the RTX but usually the RTX would be just sleeping while playing these games and the easy fix is just to set them to NVIDIA High Performance graphics in the Nvidia Control Panel. I did that for TMUF but nothing changed. I searched for some answers and people said that you need to also set the launcher to High Performance graphics. But sadly nothing changed either...

I tried running the game as an administrator, I tried to launch it directly from the .exe in the source folder, but it's still using both GPUs.
In a way I could deal with that, the game's running fine and the only thing bothering me is the very loud fan noise of my laptop but it sucks to have my computer run so hot on a 2008 game on normal graphic settings.

Anybody had the same problem or could help me ? :)
HaagseSmurf

Re: [TMUF] Running on both integrated and dedicated GPU

Post by HaagseSmurf »

I think you should report it on the TM Forum and not here because this forum is for TM2
http://www.tm-forum.com/viewforum.php?f=10

Good luck!
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
Nunuch

Re: [TMUF] Running on both integrated and dedicated GPU

Post by Nunuch »

Oh crap ! I'll do that then thank you !

Return to “Off-Topics”