Key already used error

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

fkdoxx

Key already used error

Post by fkdoxx »

Hi,

I have purchased a key for TrackMania2 Stadium on Steam, via an unofficial third party retailer (which I now massively regret). The code activated on steam, but after launching the game and creating a ManiaPlanet account, I receive a message stating that the key has already been used.

I've spent several days trying to research the issue and contact the retailer, Steam support, and Ubisoft support to resolve it.

So far, the retailer repeatedly directs me to Steam support. The Steam website does not allow me to make a ticket due to it being a code activated from a third party, and refers me to game support (Ubisoft). Ubisoft support initially told me that they can't help because it's from an unofficial retailer, but eventually after explaining the issue looked into it and stated that they no longer have visibility on these accounts. After gathering this information, I went back to the seller, who just say the same thing over and over again "This is a technical issue and not a problem with the code, whbich activated on Steam".

I understand that in 2013 all game keys associated with TrackMania/ManiaPlanet games were enabled for activation via Steam, to allow previous purchases to be linked via the Steam platform. I have made very little progress and been met with a wall at every avenue. I still don't know if there is just a small technical error with account registration via the Steam client, or if I have been (scammed) sold a pre-2013 code which has been previously activated on the ManiaPlanet platform, but not on Steam, aka I have a key to access to the launcher which does not allow me to access the game.

I also tried emailing Nadeo directly and tweeting @Maniaplanet but have not had a response.
Miss

Re: Basic help (technical and account/key)

Post by Miss »

More than likely you've been scammed by the person selling you the key. (They activated the key on Maniaplanet, and then sold the key as a Steam key, which as you found out is the same key you use to activate the game on your Maniaplanet account. It's also possible the seller didn't know this was the case and therefore erroneously sold the key.)

I suggest getting a refund (if possible, it sounds like you might have trouble doing that? :? ), removing the game from your Steam account (there's an option for this somewhere in Steam), and buying the game legit from Steam.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”