What is the Spline Tool ?

Talk about the track editor here

Moderator: English Moderator

GeP

What is the Spline Tool ?

Post by GeP »

Hello,

I could make good use of a spline if it worked like in 3d softwares, but here i can't figure out how this tool works. I create a spline and end up with handle's point, and that's it. No way to manipulate or even see the spline, not speaking about extruding it to make a shape... I must miss something.

Any idea ?
TMarc

Re: What is the Spline Tool ?

Post by TMarc »

Are you talking of the deformation tool? It is tricky indeed.
There are few tutorials in the Mesh Modeller subforum:

e.g. Using the Deformation tool from eyebo
or from the designers (based on an older version) How to use the new Deformation tool
GeP

Post by GeP »

No, i'm actually speaking about the Spline Tool, next to Create Face / Create Segment in the Tool Bar. But i've read in another forum that it is broken, or rather unfinished, since 3 years... Too bad, could be a great tool to create complex or smooth shapes.

Thanks anyway, TMarc.

By the way, i've asked in another topic, about the Deformation Tool this time : do you know how to set the rotation's step to something else than 10° ?
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

No, sorry.
The only place where one can modify a rotation step is in the bottom right corner of the screen. For the rotation tool you can set it even to decimal values, but I never tried to do that with the deformation tool.
GeP

Post by GeP »

Ok... Thanks TMarc.
I didn't find any way neither. Too bad, it sometimes could be useful.

Sorry for the delay, for some reason i don't receive notifications about replies.

Return to “Track Editor”