MovieMaking Tools

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

RobJ

MovieMaking Tools

Post by RobJ »

Will there also be an exclusive media tracker editting tool like in Trackmania Nations Forever and TMUF?

Also some improvements can be : - Pre configured Effects, like 180 spin or Cockpit view, but just with a single touch of a button

How? People can save and configure their own mediatracker edit effects (Moviemakers love it ^^) => easier to make movies => less waste of time

Also I would like to know if it's possible to change sky/env options, like Call of Duty 4 has, which is now popular in moviemaking.

Also I would like to know if the tm shooter can be updated a bit, to be faster? (it's bit slow now :P)

my 3rd point, will there be an import function for 3D models? I heard from people that it was possible to import 3D models with the use of "Car Switch", but then instead of a car , I have a text, in 3D, on the ground, made with blender.

Greets,
Rob
timae

Re: MovieMaking Tools

Post by timae »

yep, different daily moods will be surely in!

i am also sure, a new mediatracker, or even a new designed mediatracker will be in. i think NADEO dont want to loose their creative video-producers-offensive ;)

and if you work with the current mediatracker, you can already do this with the cockpit cams and so on by using only 1 camera... this is gonna be a 5 minute job... no problem i guess!
even so, the current mediatracker i really like. but even more optical effects COULD be nicer, but they dont need to - because the real post production happens in external programs... or do you want to do the whole work in the MT? -its impossible ;)
Velo.z

Post by Velo.z »

The current MT at the moment is good, i dont think it should be overcomplicated though as that takes more away from the game. I think it needs just a few more things such as font selection and vector text. Not to mention better car ghost intergration as the one for in-game (tracks) is horrible.

People will still use external editing programs as they will have soo many more features no-matter what. I however think that there should be an addon-MT system where users can make functions for the MT like a mod.
Zooz

Post by Zooz »

I doubt they will remove things that worked, tbh.
Image [CMC]Zooz | tracks - team - youtubes - ET competitions
RobJ

Post by RobJ »

Ofcourse we have to use external programs. Otherwise it's too hard, althought I manage to sync my full movie in the MT just by using time calculations ;) (takes time, but it is nice^^).

With Cockpit view I didn't mention cam3, I mentioned a real cockpit view like you have to do now with a method I found a while ago on TMX (can't find link atm). and get this bindable to a button ;) (or make an effect menu with custom effects of your choice by using some sort of recording system).
timae

Post by timae »

RobJ wrote:With Cockpit view I didn't mention cam3, I mentioned a real cockpit view like you have to do now with a method I found a while ago on TMX (can't find link atm).
of course you didnt mean cam3 - i know what you mean with cockpit. for example, you will find some seconds of a cockpit cam in my clip, watch here:
http://www.tm-tube.com/video/10539/Fast+Cut
the whole scene with cockpit like cams usually needs about 5-10 minutes of work ... its pretty easy!

but by the way - the technic is older than the game itself :|
jamie_macdonald

Post by jamie_macdonald »

timae wrote:
RobJ wrote:With Cockpit view I didn't mention cam3, I mentioned a real cockpit view like you have to do now with a method I found a while ago on TMX (can't find link atm).
of course you didnt mean cam3 - i know what you mean with cockpit. for example, you will find some seconds of a cockpit cam in my clip, watch here:
http://www.tm-tube.com/video/10539/Fast+Cut
the whole scene with cockpit like cams usually needs about 5-10 minutes of work ... its pretty easy!

but by the way - the technic is older than the game itself :|
Sorry to shoot this one a bit, but with all the different 3d models, how can you expect a fixed location co-ordinate setting to work? (ie: how will the game know it's actually a cockpit), do'nt see this becoming an option cause in the world of tm it would be a waste of time. (you would have to move it manually most of the time anyway due to different shapes, i guess why TM has no cockpit view in the 1st place?)

Nice idea, for the wrong game :D

As for the preset functions for effects, well that one is a good idea, but i suppose we can allready export "clips" and import, it will be a tweak from that ...would save some time for many though, so a nice thought :)
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

A 'real' cockpit cam would be nice...but you run into the same problem as is said above. What I would like to see would be the inclusion of more external cams...like they used to have in TMO...
WIP
c4rr0t

Post by c4rr0t »

I reckon that being able to change the sky/mood would be good
A good example is 0:36 to 0:39 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r07I1BdV5uA and the TM2 announcement trailer
Possible method: A effect/track called "Mood". Similar to the ordinary TMUF MT, you'd click on one end of the media track and then select a mood (let's say 'Day'), then select the other end of the media track, and select a different mood (let's say 'Sunset'). Then, throughout the clip, the mood would change from Day to Sunset. You could also use keys during the clip to make it change more than once (e.g Night, Dawn, Day, Dusk, Night).
tcq

Post by tcq »

c4rr0t wrote:I reckon that being able to change the sky/mood would be good
This was only for the video and won't be available ingame, as Hylis stated in the forum (can't find the quote atm).

Return to “Trackmania 2”