[Showcase] Mania-Community.de

Trackmania Forever public API and its open source PHP SDK.

Moderator: NADEO

m4rcel

[Showcase] Mania-Community.de

Post by m4rcel »

Hi everybody,

at the beginning of this week, I finished implementing the use of the TrackMania WebServices at the German Mania-Community. With this thread, I want to show you, how we at the Mania-Community use the TMWS to get additional data to TrackMania ;)

The first thing, I want to show, is how all the data is placed next to the posts. As space is very limited -- As the ManiaPlanet forums, the author's details are placed next to the post, but on the left side -- we decided to create a little popup box, where all the data is written in, and to only show the Nickname next to the post:
-- Popup box with TrackMania related information
(To see it live, visit e.g. the Announcement of this Feature at Mania-Community and click on my Nickname ;) )

In addition, these information are displayed in the user's profile, too. As there is enough space to directly display the information, there is no need for any popups within the profile:
-- TrackMania related information in a user's profile
(To see it live, visit e.g. my profile at Mania-Community )

All the displayed information are based on either the user's input, or the data requested from the TrackMania WebServices. As a special feature, we give the users the possibility to exactly say, which information should be displayed at the above mentioned places:
-- TrackMania related part of the profile settings
You do not want to show your zone? You may deselect it in the settings. Not interested in the Ladders, like me? Deselect Multiplayer and Solo ranks. So it's very similar in how you can manipulate the data at the ManiaPlanet forums. Of course, ManiaLinks and Clan has to be specified separately ^^

So that's enough for now. Let's see, what the future will bring for this feature :D
Maybe we'll see similar Threads from others, too ;)
Last edited by m4rcel on 22 Jul 2011, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: [Showcase] Mania-Community.de

Post by gouxim »

Very cool :)
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
metoxys
Translator
Translator

Post by metoxys »

This site seems to be down for some reason
seeba

Post by seeba »

Yes, we got some kind of server problems and are waiting for our server admin ;)
In combination with a server change we are planning to do, the forum should be online again in ~ 24 hours...

Return to “Trackmania Forever Web Services”