maniapub

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

w1lla

maniapub

Post by w1lla »

Not sure if this is the right topic in the right subforum.

But give suggestions about maniapub.

I like the idea of maniapub by actioning free spaces but its a bit unfair to players who want to promote the finest skills and are being outtopped by people with more coppers.

Also the old manialink:home is lost i think or am i wrong?!
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
SadHik

Re: maniapub

Post by SadHik »

tm-sites manialink should stay in addition of the current home, now only ads are visible and i think it really limits the visibility of the whole manialink ecosystem :?
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

w1lla wrote:its a bit unfair to players who want to promote the finest skills and are being outtopped by people with more coppers
Hi,

I don't understand why you say its unfair so i'm going to explain the philosophy.

The old system was a static directory of Manialinks.

Now there's a system that allows to have your manialink displayed on the home page of game, and you also get detailled statistics which can help you improve.

Of course the billboards on important zones like World, Germany or France are fairly expansive, but there are thousands of free billboards that you can have for as little as 10 Coppers a day, and still reach thousands of players.
And you can always start little and, as you earn more and more Coppers, advertise on more important billboards.
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
SadHik

Post by SadHik »

sure the static home wasn't good but now it's like if google just shows adds without any other possibilities, it's really limited.

tm-sites (and others directories) is free and everybody can add a manialink/sites.

i'm not telling that the maniapub is bad, but now it lacks something on this homepage :?
w1lla

Post by w1lla »

maybe as a community we can recreate the old manialink:home and recall it and let the community or nadeo choose what they want as a manialink homepage.
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
apovtx

Post by apovtx »

w1lla wrote:maybe as a community we can recreate the old manialink:home and recall it and let the community or nadeo choose what they want as a manialink homepage.
+1!

Just to mention that manialink R-link is awesome for finding manialinks! So you can add your manialink here!

P.S. I don't own it ;) I just find it usefull :)
w1lla

Post by w1lla »

when i see this i ask myself where did it go wrong.

especially when is states how many times its updated aswell as how many manialinks.

For a option to reconsider, why not make a community team of people who will/want to make a manialink:Home and also will be admins on it to add/replace/delete manialinks that are not active.

Also r-link great to see it but still of them 158 manialinks referenced about 40 out of 158 manialinks are unavailable that are registered to r-link.

Yes i know i've checked them all...
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

SadHik wrote:sure the static home wasn't good but now it's like if google just shows adds without any other possibilities, it's really limited.

tm-sites (and others directories) is free and everybody can add a manialink/sites.

i'm not telling that the maniapub is bad, but now it lacks something on this homepage :?
The first goal of the new system was to give maximum exposure to Manialink creators, yet allowing them to advertise with only a few Coppers. You can agree that exposure is very important for a creator. I believe we succeeded in this goal.

However I do agree the navigation still lacks something on the Explorer page. But keep this in mind:

* At first you could just see your own zones.
* Then you could browse all the zones, with no special ordering. It was better because you could literally "explore", but it wasn't perfect because many zones were empty and it was difficult to find content.
* Now you can browse zones ordered by activity, enabling for the user to find content faster and for the creator to know were to put its ads to max its exposure.

You see the pattern: we are constantly improving the system thanks to the feedback from the community.
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
w1lla

Post by w1lla »

i agree but that wasn't mentioned when releasing the new manialink:home.

Now yes you can scroll through the world but to use it at the best it might be that it's only usable for people from a certain zone to do a ad.

For example:

player-> comes from World|Netherlands|Drenthe|

He puts up an ad in Drenthe and in Netherlands and maybe in World but with the current method he can even put ads in Turkey for a reasonable price. That's not fair for the locals there.
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
apovtx

Post by apovtx »

w1lla wrote:[img]
Also r-link great to see it but still of them 158 manialinks referenced about 40 out of 158 manialinks are unavailable that are registered to r-link.

Yes i know i've checked them all...
It's much time since i actually search through it. But at least some of them are working :P

@gouxim, yes the new system is not that bad and it has many advantages. On the other hand, a manialink directory was fine too (even it's not the manialink:home ;) )

Return to “Maniaplanet”