Trackmania Beta3 Dedicatedserver, v2011-08-16

Moderator: NADEO

lvlao

Re: Trackmania Beta3 Dedicatedserver, v2011-08-16

Post by lvlao »

I can't start the dedicated.... "Segmentation fault" when I run the ./RunSrv.sh script.
My server is an Ubuntu 10.04 LTS updated to last released packet.

uname -a
Linux phoenix 2.6.32-33-generic-pae #72-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 29 22:06:29 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux

The same if I run the script with root privileges.

I follow the guide of Xymph
http://www.gamers.org/tm2/quickstart.html

and I have on the same server a Forever dedicated running without problem.

Anyone can help me?
Thanks in advance

Code: Select all

/var/log/messages

Aug 20 15:26:19 phoenix kernel: [524284.342649] ManiaPlanetServ[22991]: segfault at ffffffff ip 08a2ee27 sp bff6c7a8 error 4 in ManiaPlanetServer[8048000+189e000]
lvlao
_bb_mort

Post by _bb_mort »

I've got the TM2 dedicated server running on a server (Windows 7 32bit) that I currently have a TM1 server running. Everything looks good so far.

One big obvious point is the memory usage. My TM1 server process (TrackManiaserver.exe) is using about 3.5MB of memory while the TM2 server (Maniaplanetserver.exe) is using 87MB of memory. And I'm not even running any server control programs/scripts yet!

This will seriously limit the number of TM2 servers that can run on the same host.

Why is there such a massive difference? Is this a bug in the current beta that will be improved with development?

Also, are there any known issues with running on servers with multiple CPUs like there is with the TM1 server or has that been fixed with the TM2 server?
ms_seraph

Post by ms_seraph »

Xymph wrote:
ms_seraph wrote:so i can't setup a dedicated server for tm²c without having a player account, can i?

correct me if i'm wrong!
You're not wrong. :)
Thanx for that info ;P

So how do I setup a dedicated server under ubuntu 10.04 LTS? I tried it with the release above and get that segmentation fault. And in the config file it requests a player account on mania planet - which I don't yet have. And yes I followed the tutorial in this forum too :)
kiyoko

Post by kiyoko »

basic infos about segfault: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segmentation_fault

segfault is basicly a problem you can´t fix.
it could be that that only happens because of the player account you are missing.
But it could also be that TM² Server will not work on ubuntu.

You have to wait till there is a fix for the Server.
I am nix English so sorry for bad english.
ms_seraph

Post by ms_seraph »

kiyoko wrote:basic infos about segfault: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segmentation_fault

it could be that that only happens because of the player account you are missing.

Still can't find a way to register a players account :shock:
Well, how do I get a players account without buying then, if I tried to setup a dedicated server then? ;x Xymph said I'm wrong ! ;P

Edit: I tried it under windows now - and well - it still doesn't start without the players account

think I'm going nuts :roflol:
kiyoko

Post by kiyoko »

Xymph said you are NOT wrong !
You need to buy it.
I am nix English so sorry for bad english.
ms_seraph

Post by ms_seraph »

ah - sorry my (segmentation) fault ;x

Okay
lvlao

Post by lvlao »

kiyoko wrote:basic infos about segfault: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segmentation_fault

In my case, I've bought the Beta and I've registered an account for my server and I think that if dedicated Server doesn't run on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, it's a big problem.....
I hope Nadeo find a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks!

:thumbsup:
svens

Post by svens »

lvlao wrote:

In my case, I've bought the Beta and I've registered an account for my server and I think that if dedicated Server doesn't run on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, it's a big problem.....
I hope Nadeo find a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks!

:thumbsup:
The dedicated server runs fine under Windows and Debian Linux. Ubuntu is very similar to Debian, there shouldn't be any problems.

Are you sure you got your config, permissions and file ownership right? Try the `id` command along with `ls -al` in the tm2 dedicated folder. The linux exeuctables md5 is as follows: 88fa1b304ff640393ca30abe83c2e551, you might want to check that too if everything else fails.

Return to “Dedicated Server”