TM2 on MacBookPro

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

SirSpitfire

TM2 on MacBookPro

Post by SirSpitfire »

Hello, I'm looking for some feedbacks from users who play on Macbook Pro (with BootCamp of course)...
How does the game run? I currently have a macbook pro 2010.
Thanks
ps: is there a demo comming?
fastforza

Re: TM2 on MacBookPro

Post by fastforza »

Mania Exchange - Share your maps!

ASUS Maximus IV GENE Z / i7 2600K 3.40Ghz QC / 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 / GTX 560 Ti

Need technical help for ManiaPlanet? Click here. :)
SirSpitfire

Post by SirSpitfire »

Thanks but I had read it before, he doesn't have a macbook pro. New Imac have totally different graphic cards...!
fastforza

Post by fastforza »

Ok. What are you specs and which model do you have? 13", 15" or 17"? Is it a BTO model (custom configuration)?

ASUS Maximus IV GENE Z / i7 2600K 3.40Ghz QC / 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 / GTX 560 Ti

SirSpitfire

Post by SirSpitfire »

It's a 17'' with a Core i7 2,66 GHz, 4gb Ram, and GT330M (which sucks lol)
I know the game will run, but how well is the question...I'm the kind of guy who only enjoy playing on max settings. I know macbook is not the best question for that; but this is another topic hahaha :)
fastforza

Post by fastforza »

Your CPU and RAM are adequate, but the graphics card not so much (maybe). You *might* find it playable if you use the low resolution textures, but you won't have the greatest experience. Personally, I get by on my MBA (2011 model) well enough. It only has a dual core i5, 4GB RAM and an Intel 3000 graphics card (384MB shared), which renders 3D superbly. I also have a Mac Mini (2010) with a Core 2 2.4Ghz CPU, 8GB RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce 320M (256MB shared) and my games are playable.

You're really going to have to test this out yourself; trial and error. You like it, continue playing it, else don't play it and play it on a PC (if you have one). :thumbsup:

.dejavu

Post by .dejavu »

fastforza wrote:Your CPU and RAM are adequate, but the graphics card not so much (maybe). You *might* find it playable if you use the low resolution textures, but you won't have the greatest experience. Personally, I get by on my MBA (2011 model) well enough. It only has a dual core i5, 4GB RAM and an Intel 3000 graphics card (384MB shared), which renders 3D superbly. I also have a Mac Mini (2010) with a Core 2 2.4Ghz CPU, 8GB RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce 320M (256MB shared) and my games are playable.

You're really going to have to test this out yourself; trial and error. You like it, continue playing it, else don't play it and play it on a PC (if you have one). :thumbsup:
fastyyy you're wrong.. I have the same graphic card and also i have same core i7; and i play with almost all at high settings.
But maybe on mac it works different.
fastforza

Post by fastforza »

.dejavu wrote:
fastforza wrote:Your CPU and RAM are adequate, but the graphics card not so much (maybe). You *might* find it playable if you use the low resolution textures, but you won't have the greatest experience. Personally, I get by on my MBA (2011 model) well enough. It only has a dual core i5, 4GB RAM and an Intel 3000 graphics card (384MB shared), which renders 3D superbly. I also have a Mac Mini (2010) with a Core 2 2.4Ghz CPU, 8GB RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce 320M (256MB shared) and my games are playable.

fastyyy you're wrong.. I have the same graphic card and also i have same core i7; and i play with almost all at high settings.
But maybe on mac it works different.
Oh the 330M is a 1GB card, explains a bit. :P Well then maybe you'll have a decent experience after all! :)

adjudantifrice

Post by adjudantifrice »

Good evening everybody, I plan to buy a macbook pro 17 inch with 2011 graphics card HD6750M,
My question is is there a forum member who tested TM ² Canyon with this computer.
Thank you in advance.
fastforza

Post by fastforza »

adjudantifrice wrote:Good evening everybody, I plan to buy a macbook pro 17 inch with 2011 graphics card HD6750M,
My question is is there a forum member who tested TM ² Canyon with this computer.
Thank you in advance.
Read the first post in the linked thread. ;)

Return to “Trackmania 2”