What will change

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

RunSlingan

What will change

Post by RunSlingan »

What do you think the change will be in TrackMania 2 from TrackMania exept from the grafiks.

I really hope the gameplay wont change, with the drifting and stuff.
If they mess that up the whole game will be destroyed.
Swe.ad'Runslingan

TM 2 Canyon PRO!
Boumsong

Re: What will change

Post by Boumsong »

Drifting in what? It is slower on everything expect Stadium anyway?
Image [CMC]Boumsong Image
Bramble

Post by Bramble »

None of the 7 environments are in TM2. It's a sequel, not an update to TMN/UF.

So the answer is everything will change because it's an entirely different game. The other games will continue to be supported (hence the "Forever") in the names. If you want to continue playing any of the current 7 environments then you'll have to do so on the games we have now.

Furthermore, it took about 6 months for people to realise you could slide on Stadium. I played it before anyone knew about sliding and it was still a great game, hence I kept playing until people figured out slides. Sliding is infinitely slower on the other 6 environments anyway, so I don't see it to be a problem if there isn't a slide environment on the new game.

It's a new game, we want new techniques and challenges to master, not just the same old things we've been playing for years.
Image [CMC]Bramble
RunSlingan

Post by RunSlingan »

Maby your right, its just that im to good at sliding to stop lol :p

I was hoping to master the new TM in minuets :p
Swe.ad'Runslingan

TM 2 Canyon PRO!
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

That's the great thing about TM-- "easy to learn, impossible to master". I'm sure Zooz even has things that he could improve on in TMF :lol: And with TM2, everybody will be starting again...
WIP
teku123456

Post by teku123456 »

Trackmaniack wrote: ...And with TM2, everybody will be starting again...
Maybe................It all depends on the outcome :geek:
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

LOL Whaddya mean maybe? These are three new environments we're talking about here...I'm sure only the devs will have a leg-up...well, that and the beta-testers, of which Zooz is guaranteed to be one. :P But other than that...everybody should be on equal footing.
WIP
teku123456

Post by teku123456 »

I mean that TM2 will probably have an add on update with the 3 new enviorments :|
Then that way, the rankings will be the same :ugeek:
nocturne

Post by nocturne »

Bramble wrote:Furthermore, it took about 6 months for people to realise you could slide on Stadium...
:roll:
I don't think it took 6 minutes, let alone 6 months... Sliding/drifting is a natural part of any racing game -- been that way since we've been able to push two buttons at once, hehe. Hell, I remember back on Coast in TMS, you couldn't get anywhere without constant drifting. The technique has been there forever, and if anything has only become more refined.

As far as any other changes go... Take a gander at what has already been stated by several Nadeo devs and community heads. You can expect changes very similar to the TMU/TMN:ESWC->TMNF/TMUF transition. The game will change in every way imaginable -- you'll either love it or hate it, and eventually come to understand it.

My only concern will be how Ubisoft's acquisition of Nadeo will affect the game... Money is money afterall, and the bigger the company the less they'll want to give away for free. It seems all too obvious with the episodic approach to TM2 -- following the trends of HL2, S&M, GTA, and too many other series to mention, delivering half a game every few months, cutting down on development costs by using the same platform over and over again, while making us pay with each new feature and update. I had originally thought by many statements leading up to the 'forever' release, there'd be a plethora of additions and enhancements brought to the game with each update; where instead they've been chasing bugs for two years, and besides that.. not a whole lot has changed.

I'll expect at the end, the current United players will love the new approach, will the current 'nations' players will just feel disenfranchised. After all; with all that I've read, I still haven't seen any mention at all about a possible 'free' environment, like Stadium currently. This is my primary concern, as being a community head and trackmania being almost entirely a community driven game -- I just see no opportunity in TM2. If each environment release completely separates the available player pool, I just don't see how players will feel all that concerned with getting involved, nor how much hassle this will end up giving us server operators. There's just too much up in the air at the moment...

As far as things seem, we're basically going from TM:United to TM:Divided... all too intentionally.
Bramble

Post by Bramble »

The French team invented the power sliding on TMN during the Nations Cup, which was about 2 months after release, so sorry, I was a bit over-zealous with my estimate.
Image [CMC]Bramble

Return to “Trackmania 2”