No Keyboard input ingame w XBox1 Contr. [SOLVED]

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

larslars

Re: No Keyboard input ingame w XBox1 Contr. (Nadeo needed)

Post by larslars »

Same problem here with the xbox1, but the old 360 controller still works fine with keyboard keys ingame.
Thank you (not) Microsoft.
Microsoft and Nadeo, please talk.
Caketaker

Post by Caketaker »

I think i might have fixed it.

If you go into settings on Windows 10 and then click on "devices", click on connected devices and then in list of "Other devices" there should be one whats says Controller which is the Xbox One controller, click on it and then click on remove device. Unplug the Xbox One controller then plug it back in again and click on the "Add a device" and you should see the Controller appear again in "Other Devices".

I've only tried the game once but it appears to have fixed the issue.
xrayjay

Post by xrayjay »

Unfortunately this ain´t fix it (for me), first thought was "oh it´s fixed" cause my keyboard works ingame, but that was wrong in cause that just the gamepad is now disabled while it´s plugged in.
Deplug & plug the controller while the game is running will make the controller work but disables the keyboard :( :(

Last windows 10 update kb 3140768 also did not fix this (hoped that this will fix it, but not...)

Nadeo, what about an hot fix? :(

In other games keyboard and controller works together (like asetto corsa, project cars, rocket league etc.), so this could be might fixed by the game manufacture?
Caketaker

Post by Caketaker »

Well it worked for me to begin with but now it's not working :(
HaagseSmurf

Post by HaagseSmurf »

xrayjay wrote:Unfortunately this ain´t fix it (for me), first thought was "oh it´s fixed" cause my keyboard works ingame, but that was wrong in cause that just the gamepad is now disabled while it´s plugged in.
Deplug & plug the controller while the game is running will make the controller work but disables the keyboard :( :(

Last windows 10 update kb 3140768 also did not fix this (hoped that this will fix it, but not...)

Nadeo, what about an hot fix? :(

In other games keyboard and controller works together (like asetto corsa, project cars, rocket league etc.), so this could be might fixed by the game manufacture?
Or try the new cumulative update from windows with a xbox fix. I hope it will help.
And its an issue in several games, such as HALO, GTA etc

Greetz,
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
Caketaker

Post by Caketaker »

Thats the update he's on about i think. It doesn't fix the issue as i've got the update.

That xbox fix is just for if you have an Xbox console and want to login to it from your PC.
HaagseSmurf

Post by HaagseSmurf »

Since the cumulative Win10 patch KB 3140743 and now also KB 3140768 X-box-one controllers are bugged.

Maybe this article can help as it offers some fixideas.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pag ... icID=49128
At first they adviced to uninstall the paches but thats not a very good solution, cause as you can see new updates will follow.

They suggest now the following solution:

Download old drivers from here: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/ ... controller. You'll need to use Internet Explorer to access that link !
Make sure you download the second one in the list (filesize 1.5 MB).

Extract the downloaded .cab file into a folder of your choice.

Go to Device Manager and scroll down to the Xbox Peripherals section. If you're using default drivers, the device is named "Xbox Controller". Right-click > Update Driver Software... > Browse my computer... > Let me pick... > Have Disk... > Browse... > Navigate to the folder where you extracted the driver package and select xb1usb.inf. You should now see "Microsoft Xbox One Controller" listed in the Model column. Select it and click Next.

Let the driver install. Your controller may or may not give a rumble of approval. To verify that it installed correctly, look in Device Manager in the Xbox Peripherals sections. Your controller should now be named Microsoft Xbox One Controller instead of Xbox Controller.

Launch Halo (or MANIAPLANET OF COURSE ) and test ;)

Greetz,

added sidesnotes on that HALO forum The first time I tried this fix, I had to unplug/replug the controller.

NOTE: I'm not sure if Windows 10 will try to update the driver automatically. Just to be sure, I unchecked "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows" in the "Check for Updates" app's Advanced Settings.

ALSO: I'm not sure if this old driver will cause problems with Windows 10 apps (ex: Xbox App, Windows 10 games purchased through the Windows Store). Not sure if the headset will work with this driver either.
Edited by stunt_man on Mar 6, 2016 at 02:22 PM
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
xrayjay

Post by xrayjay »

:thumbsup:
That finally fixed it, thanks for the link :thx: :yes:
Caketaker

Re: No Keyboard input ingame w XBox1 Contr. [SOLVED]

Post by Caketaker »

Yeah, thats worked. Thanks :)
TMarc

Re: No Keyboard input ingame w XBox1 Contr. [SOLVED]

Post by TMarc »

Good work, Haagse :thx: :thumbsup:

Return to “Maniaplanet Reports”