Review after 11 years Trackmania

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

null8fuenf10

Re: Review after 11 years Trackmania

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Alinoa wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 09:25 ...
You can use maps created by other players in channels. ...
And i don't have to ask for permission, the MapOwner?
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

You could, this would be fair.
If you clearly mention that the maps are from this or this user, they would certainly be happy to see their maps in a channel.
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hi Null8fuenf10,

For sure it's nicer to ask the map owner if you can use his map and he may be happy to know that you want to use his map.
I just wanted to point out that we protected map owners by displaying their name even if their map are uploaded by someone else ;)

Cheers :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
HaagseSmurf

Post by HaagseSmurf »

Hi Null8fuenf10,

You just have to compare it with using maps on a privat server. If you use maps from Mania Exchange then the mappers love to see their maps online on a privat server.

If you create a channel and download maps from Mania Exchange and add them to your channel, mappers are usually even honoured that you use their maps for your channel.

My advice is to use easier but fun maps because the players are usually not that experienced.
Also test your channel with some other players to see if everything runs smoothly.
My last advice: Check the tutorial from mr. DVD!

Good luck!

https://youtu.be/HHvfK4gcMc0
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

Uploading other people's maps to the maniaplanet.com Map Manager is not only allowed, but built into the system. When other people upload my maps, they show up in my account, and I even have the option to delete them if I want. Quite a nice feature really. :)

I never delete though. I'm just thankful I don't have to pay the 50p to upload it. :lol:
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Hey @ll, :D

thanks for the positve reactions from all of you and thanks for helpin with the information! :1010

Now i will go on and find some usefull maps and give the Channl the right Theme. 8-)

I'm not sure if i should do a Multi or a Single Envi Channel... :?: :?: :?:

But thats not part of this Topic, maybe i'll open a new one. :idea:

Greetings
null8fuenf10 :pil
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

:shock:

The Channel Idea i had, is done!
Mania Exchange Crew, was faster. They made the channel, i wanted to make. :roflol: :pil :mrgreen:
Skyler9

Post by Skyler9 »

null8fuenf10 wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 12:18
Miss wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 11:44 Honestly, I understand Nadeo if their focus is somewhere else. They made MP4 in an effort to really fix the game - which, honestly, they did, they fixed a LOT of major issues in MyCFAVisit com MP3 and I love Nadeo for that.

But if their focus is somewhere else because Lagoon/MP4 didn't make much sales, this is totally understandable. I hope whatever their plans are next will bring in some more funding so they can fix the issues the community really wants.
But they sell TMT, short time before. And TMT sells not so bad this times, especially Console Versions!
(From my sight this (TMT Release) was the final big break in the hearts of many, from the last trusty Community, including me (my heart is bleeding :cry: ).)

I don't agree with you here, cause they promised so much. They should (must) Focus on MP, its their child!

They should polish and make a BIG ReRelease. But honestly, i think they don't lost their Focus on MP, why else should NADEO did the Survey?!
Miss wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 11:44 And before you say "it doesn't sell well because the game is broken", I don't think that's the right approach to the situation. Sure, there will be less amounts of sales, but not "4000 sales"-bad: (this is an approximation of Steam sales on SteamSpy, it excludes Uplay sales too) Check here- www.tellgamestop.com
No, i say it doesn't sell well, cause the late release at MP and the bad feeling physics (People knows that cause TMT)
And cause the other things we listed before.

Btw., yesterday i played on channels Lagoon. There was a player, who have written in the chat "Wow, this is such a nice Envi. I've never played it before cause i heard it is bad. Thx, for Demomode"

i think its a good idea to have Lagoon in Channels at Daytimes.

But what i think about this channels. Why can a DemoPlayer, play 24h on Channels? Thats not good. Nobody will buy the Games, cause he/she can play the whole Day and Night MultiEnvi. So the Servers stay empty. There must be a daily Limit for each Envi.
Maybe 1hr in Channels or one episode each Envi and then maybe free 30min. on Servers in each Envi.

Greetings
null8fuenf10 :pil
I absolutely agree with you mate. A DemoPlayer playing 24h on Channels is not fine. That limits the market reach of the game. The prospects are to be properly scaled first.

Return to “Maniaplanet”