[ManiaScript] List of known bugs and Suggestions

You can talk about ManiaScript for ManiaPlanet here

Moderator: English Moderator

spaii

Re: [ManiaScript] Living list of known bugs

Post by spaii »

steeffeen wrote:well i could be wrong but i think it's possible to do it with the help of a fake user
that's an annoying work-around of course..
Thx steeffeen ;)
Tested this too...

I don't know if this works same with SM, but in TM if i create a fake user, this one does not appear in the player list, but only in user list. And i can't access to manialink of player via user list.

i tested with FakePlayers_Add, Users_CreateFake and Users_SetNbFakeUsers.

FakePlayers_RemoveAll and Users_DestroyAllFakes not working correctly.

with :

Code: Select all

FakePlayers_Add("test");
log(Players.count ^ " " ^ ConnectedPlayers.count ^ " " ^ PlayersWaiting.count ^ " " ^ Users.count);
Or :

FakePlayers_Add("test");
FakePlayers_RemoveAll();
log(Players.count ^ " " ^ ConnectedPlayers.count ^ " " ^ PlayersWaiting.count ^ " " ^ Users.count);
Same result : 1 1 1 2

In CSmPlayer there is IsFakePlayer, but in CTmPlayer not.
steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen »

damnit :D
fake player (bots) in tm would be cool anyways!
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
    Gugli
    Nadeo
    Nadeo
    Location: Mon PC est à Paris, mais mon coeur rode dans les forêts de Lozère

Post by Gugli »

I've done a few items on the list, coming in the next update :
    - HttpRequest should work for ML scripts too
    - Overloading of functions will raise an error
    - The error wrongly raised when using "declare for as" should not appear any more
    - Added "ServerLogin" in CMode API.

About that last point I've got a question : why do you need it ? In our minds, the ModeScripts only manage the rules of a game; the server administration (which will need the server's login) is done with XMLRPC interface (Manialive/ASECO/...). That's why none of our modes needed this login, and it was never added.
    I only ask because I'd like to be aware of the way you do stuff. Could be smarter that what we envisioned ^_^.

I'll try to do some more until the release.

Thanks for the reports !
    --
    (>~_~)> ═╦═ ╔╦╗ <(~_~<)
    steeffeen
    Translator
    Translator

Post by steeffeen »

wow big thanks so far! :yes:

well as a script or title pack author it could be nice to know of server which are running your game modes, you can create statistics and so on! and that even over several servers at once while server controller statistics are only based on the current server
    many server aren't even running server controllers and obviously there are many different ones, so you can't do that with controllers anyways

Gugli
      Nadeo
      Nadeo

Post by Gugli »

steeffeen wrote: many server aren't even running server controllers and obviously there are many different ones, so you can't do that with controllers anyways
      I totally get your point.

Yet, in my opinion, if you want statistics, doing a titlepack is the best way to go. (I know there are still visibility issues with titlepacks, but it's another problem). If the stat you want is not accessible, then please do tell us, because it should be accessible ! (I'd say a part of the player page should be dedicated to titlepack-makers with nice graphs about audience and stuff ^_^)

Why do I think that ? Because not everyone has the money to host her/his server to gather statistics about a game mode. If a mode/pack-author makes a great mode but has no money to host a server, we should still try to provide all the useful stats he/she'll need.

But I understand that we're not as reactive as we would like to be, and it'll be quicker to do that your way. Just don't forget to express your needs as a pack-maker, even if you found/created a workaround. This way it can benefit to others !

Thanks for you input !
      --
      (>~_~)> ═╦═ ╔╦╗ <(~_~<)
      Gugli
      Nadeo
      Nadeo

Post by Gugli »

Also, about this thread (it's locked, so I post this here) : http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 26&t=16125

The section about "Classes" in this thread (http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=279&t=1672) may enlighten it : the variables you add in your array are aliases to GetClassChildren_Result[X]. So when the array is modified again, the aliases are invalid.
      The main issue is that the .add() function does not allow to choose between acting like <=> or = . The workaround I see for now is either to use ControlIds in your Array. Or use a temporary variable (but I reckon it's ugly...)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
      <manialink>
         <quad id="quad" class="quad" />
         <script><!--

main() {
         declare CMlControl[] Array;
         Page.GetClassChildren("quad", Page.MainFrame, True);
         foreach (C in Page.GetClassChildren_Result) {
            // The next line force the alias to be "resolved",
            // Tmp will points to Controls[X] instead of GetClassChildren_Result[X]
            declare Tmp = C;  
            Array.add(Tmp);
         }
         log(Array); // Logs: [(CGameManialinkControl*)#SOMEID]
         Page.GetClassChildren("label", Page.MainFrame, True);
         log(Array); // Logs: [(CGameManialinkControl*)#Null] and throws Runtime error
      }
      --></script>
      </manialink>

If anyone has an idea to make this less ugly, I'd be glad to hear it. Sorry about those intricacies in the syntax :S
      --
      (>~_~)> ═╦═ ╔╦╗ <(~_~<)
      steeffeen
      Translator
      Translator

Post by steeffeen »

Gugli wrote:If the stat you want is not accessible, then please do tell us, because it should be accessible ! (I'd say a part of the player page should be dedicated to titlepack-makers with nice graphs about audience and stuff ^_^)
      i have exactly zero idea of what you're talking about

nah, i can imagine what you mean but we don't have any access to such statistics ^.^

of course there are limitations regarding a central server for the game mode statistics but at least now we have the possiblities, it's not needed by everyone anyways ^.^

spaii

Post by spaii »

Yeahhh !! Good news !! :thumbsup: :thx:

ServerLogin will serve for :
        - world records/local records included in title pack (not a server controler): I would like to display world records and local records, then ServerLogin is necessary for local records.

- by server achievements/combo system : for example : travel 100 000kms on this server, do 1 Roll + 2 SpinOff + 1 backflip consecutive on this server, etc...

- by server player settings : players are able to move all windows (quad), choose for example where to place live rankings, stunts points on interface, change visuals, etc...
        on this point : If persistent variable for User works on TM, i will not use the Stunters DB but ManiaPlanet features.

Other possibilities is a web interface with title pack settings via maniaconnect.
        I started to develop this part few months ago, when title pack settings can not be set in the matchsettings file.
        http://player.stunters.org (This was only a test ;) )

By the way, it's really nice to have HttpRequest working on ML :
        - On custom title pack menu : if player don't have internet connection, menu doesn't appear. Now, with httprequest in ML, we can know if player is online or not, then display live menu if connected and other one if not.

- for world records/achievements : for now, each time player reach finish line, i send informations on Stunters DB, then, on server side, i send manialink to all players. With httprequest in ML, i can call world records ML directly on client side.

Thx a lot :D :thumbsup:
        spaii

Post by spaii »

I forgot this one :)

In CTmModeEvent, IsMasterJump is allways False
        Gugli
        Nadeo
        Nadeo

Post by Gugli »

The "Wrong compiler error on Key-Value-Coding" should be fixed too in next update.

That's what I was referring to when I wrote :
        Gugli wrote: - The error wrongly raised when using "declare for as" should not appear any more
        Also, if I were you, I would keep track of bugs I solved until you confirm it's OK. Just in case they're not solved completely or that introduced another bug or something.
        --
        (>~_~)> ═╦═ ╔╦╗ <(~_~<)

Return to “ManiaScript”