Kilo Project! A08 (Video is up!)

All the medias created by the community.

Moderator: English Moderator

metoxys
Translator
Translator

Re: Kilo Project! A08 (Video is up!)

Post by metoxys »

BlackShark wrote:I downloaded the package a few pages earlier. haven't opened it yet.
edit : argh !!! you merged the replays. That's annoying, it makes working with the replay impossible : you need the individual files to work in decent conditions. Do you still have the replays as individual files ?
Yees I have all individual replays sorted by author... But that would be a pain in the ass to upload
BlackShark

Post by BlackShark »

How much space do they take if you put them all in a zip file ?
metoxys
Translator
Translator

Post by metoxys »

BlackShark wrote:How much space do they take if you put them all in a zip file ?
328 MB :thumbsup:
Jikap

Post by Jikap »

Mind if I try to make a short derivative video with these replays then? ^^;
(and yes, I'd also be interested in the individual replays :p )
Last edited by Jikap on 29 Sep 2011, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
BlackShark

Post by BlackShark »

metoxys wrote:
BlackShark wrote:How much space do they take if you put them all in a zip file ?
328 MB :thumbsup:
Mmhhhh... ok
I'll just take your big merged file and add a few replays of my own to make custom cameras to do some tests...
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

A bit offtopic, but I must say its nice to see you still around the community BlackShark. I watched your 1k II video not long after I got United back in 2008. Seems like a long time ago now. It's cool to see you poking around another 1k project. xD

Some very good observations you made on the previous page.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Ripbox

Post by Ripbox »

thats cool but had you skinned all the cars different shades of blue then it would have looked like water rushing down the hill
BlackShark

Post by BlackShark »

metoxys wrote:Hey... if you are interested I can give you the replay with the 1104 cars inside it. And then you will try to open it with anything besides minimum possible settings.
I'm currently trying to shoot a test scene, but I'm running into problems.
Whenever I try to shoot the game becomes so busy it grinds the entire computer to a complete halt, even if i ask the windows task manager to put the game's process into the lowest priority mode. The game only fills up 25% of the cpu (1 of 4 cores), the game uses about 450MB of ram and the physical memory isn't even full (70% out of my 4GB used) but it seems the game manages to saturate something else, I guess the graphics card, for which windows cannot do anything.

The map loads, I am asked to choose the codec, I press OK, then the computer slows down progressively. The game just shows a black screen, at the beginning i can still browse windows and I still get my music player working, the desktop refresh rate slows down progressively, then a delay appears in the mouse, and then the entire windows interface slows down to an almost complete stop (1 frame refreshed every 30 seconds or so). And finally, no more refresh at all.
I get no crash, no bsod, no error, just a complete lock-up. I have to force the PC to reboot by pressing the reboot button or by holding the power button 4 seconds.
Last edited by BlackShark on 29 Sep 2011, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
metoxys
Translator
Translator

Post by metoxys »

Ripbox wrote:thats cool but had you skinned all the cars different shades of blue then it would have looked like water rushing down the hill
As if I would skin 1104 cars one by one :D
BlackShark wrote:
metoxys wrote:Hey... if you are interested I can give you the replay with the 1104 cars inside it. And then you will try to open it with anything besides minimum possible settings.
I'm currently trying to shoot a test scene, but I'm running into problems.
Whenever I try to shoot the game becomes so busy it grinds the entire computer to a complete halt, even if i ask the windows task manager to put the game's process into the lowest priority mode. The game only fills up 25% of the cpu (1 of 4 cores) but it seems the game manages to saturate something else, I guess the graphics card, for which windows cannot do anything.

The map loads, I am asked to choose the codec, I press OK, then the computer slows down progressively. The game just shows a black screen, at the beginning i can still browse windows and I still get my music player working, the desktop refresh rate slows down progressively, then a delay appears in the mouse, and then the entire windows interface slows down to an almost complete stop (1 frame refreshed every 30 seconds or so). And finally, no more refresh at all.
I get no crash, no bsod, no error, just a complete lock-up. I have to force the PC to reboot by pressing the reboot button or by holding the power button 4 seconds.
See?
BlackShark

Post by BlackShark »

metoxys wrote:
BlackShark wrote: I'm currently trying to shoot a test scene, but I'm running into problems.
[...]
See?
Fiiiiiiiiiiiix ?
(or maybe I should ask J-Seeeeeeb ? please ?)

Return to “Medias”