Map Editor

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

mikepurdy1234

Re: Map Editor

Post by mikepurdy1234 »

I think they said one enviro at first for each game (TmSmQm)... and blocks would have to be different for a racer and a shooter.

If TM2 takes its blocks from the other TM games, it should be a matter of upgrade... but for SM they have to start from scratch with block ideas.

Once SM is in place, they can take some block ideas from that game with the walking and running almost the same actions.
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

Soo...I saw something in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx8Bi-cYvVU that I thought was rather interesting... watch from 0:55 to about 1:00...I'm not quite sure what he's doing since the graphics quality is so low and it happens pretty quick...but the editor builds a hilltrack, then tweaks the geography under it...WITHOUT the editor eating the track...which it has done up till now...if you mess with the land under your track (unless it's free-floating in the air) then the editor deletes it.
WIP
russianx

Post by russianx »

It's clearly gonna be "3 planets" with different gameplay, but the same currency "planets" - the most important unifying element.
The more games/environments you've got the more "planets" income you get.
About the map-editor. I think what they mean with "customizable-blocks" is not very much about the shape, but the layout..
Using the same editor for every game is a smart choice. Simple and elegant.

This can't be far from the truth..
Image.ru

Return to “Maniaplanet”