Questions and answers

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

SoraTWE

Re: Questions and answers

Post by SoraTWE »

I have the problem since MP4,that,when I open a browserlink ingame,for example above ingame on links and then on maniaplanet website, microsoft edge is opening,but in an empty page,this is for everything I open ingame for weblinks...
but my favorite/standard browser is firefox..
Is there a chance to make firefox favorite to MP4 ? Microsoft Edge isn't doing its job for MP...
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

When will Hello Planet 7 come?
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
Jaylinx

Post by Jaylinx »

Hello I have a few questions about Maniaplanet.

I didn't play for a few months and last time I checked, after the update, a lot of things changed.

- Stations are stuck in their place, impossible to move them, impossible to resize them
- It does not care about my titles organization, everytime I play a game, all my titles change place. I used to have a well organized MP page, it's not possible anymore.

Sorry if it has ever been talked about and sorry for my english !
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

HYPE wrote: 17 Sep 2017, 12:52 When will Hello Planet 7 come?
Hi Hype,

I have no information to communicate on Hello Planet 7 for the moment but thank you for your interest in Hello Planet articles ;)
Jaylinx wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 16:55 Hello I have a few questions about Maniaplanet.

I didn't play for a few months and last time I checked, after the update, a lot of things changed.

- Stations are stuck in their place, impossible to move them, impossible to resize them
- It does not care about my titles organization, everytime I play a game, all my titles change place. I used to have a well organized MP page, it's not possible anymore.

Sorry if it has ever been talked about and sorry for my english !
Hi Jaylinx,

I have just tested if stations moved or not and my stations were at the same place (I'm using maniaplanet outside Steam). You can move stations by selecting your stations with the mouse and by using the arrows. And for resizing stations, the + of the numeric keypad works sometimes or by switching places between stations having a different size, you can change the size.
People who know other tips for organizing their stations are welcome to post them here :thx:
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Electron

Post by Electron »

Alinoa wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 09:32I have just tested if stations moved or not and my stations were at the same place (I'm using maniaplanet outside Steam). You can move stations by selecting your stations with the mouse and by using the arrows. And for resizing stations, the + of the numeric keypad works sometimes or by switching places between stations having a different size, you can change the size.
However, this only works if you set a checkmark under Options to lock your own arrangement of the stations.

This status field was fatally translated to German with "Layout Anpassen" (Adjust layout). This label suggests that you can customize the layout by clicking on it. In fact, after clicking the button, the user's own arrangement of the stations is reset to the default setting. This is very annoying when you have positioned your stations according to your own wishes. And that is, unfortunately, quite fiddly.

To make it clear, that setting the checkmark sets a status, the button should be better named "Lock Customized Layout" instead of "Customize The Layout".
dito

TM² Activation

Post by dito »

Hi Hylis,

I have a question concerning the activation of TM². I know TM² is heavily multiplayer- and online-oriented, however, for usual, I play games on an offline laptop.
Therefore would it be possible to activate a TM² title once (by establishing an internet access for the game activation on the first start) and play it offline in solo mode afterward or is it more just a license you buy which requires a periodic online re-activation each couple of days.

Thank you in advance and best regards,
dito
Demented

Post by Demented »

dito wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 20:32 ...would it be possible to activate a TM² title once (by establishing an internet access for the game activation on the first start) and play it offline in solo mode afterward...
Hey Dito, I can answer that for you. Yes, you can activate the game by going online and then play offline only after that. I know because that's how I play Trackmania². I rarely connect my gaming PC to the internet other than to download updates.
However, there are obviously certain things/modes that can only be accessed online.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
dito

Post by dito »

Hi Demented,
thank you for your fast answer! Do you also (or maybe Hylis) accidentally know "how permanent" this activation is? Since I have no direct internet access at home, only in the office, so it's kind of cumbersome if the activation holds for a time period of a couple of days only. Or is it permanent?

Thank you in advance and best regards,
dito
Demented

Post by Demented »

@Dito:
Happy to help when I can. :D
I believe it's permanent. I've gone over a year and a half before without connecting and updating things and was still able to play it every day... create maps, race tracks, create objects, paint cars etc...
I should note however that I do not have the Steam version but rather the direct Maniaplanet version. (I've not had good luck with Steam).
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
dito

Post by dito »

Hi Demented,
thank you a lot (once again)!! That is great news. :D

Best regards,
dito
Last edited by dito on 06 Nov 2017, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Maniaplanet”