Questions and answers

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

matt0926

Re: Questions and answers

Post by matt0926 »

Hello, I wonder if this is a place where I can share my tracks and maps (besides maniaexchange). Thx! :)
HaagseSmurf

Post by HaagseSmurf »

Not really i think. Serverhosters and most players use mania exchange to get their maps or to share them.
I would recommend to ask other players for feedback on your maps to improve on your mapping skills.
Best advice now is to learn as much as possible about the Mesh Modeler to create your own items or blocks which can make your maps even more unique!

Good luck!
HaagseSmurf

Check Smurfen.net and / or Smurfen.nu for all info.
You can also like our facebookpage at FaceBook Smurfen.net.
Or just visit
our Smurfen.net Canyon servers,
the Smurfen.net Valley and Royalserver.
Miss

Post by Miss »

There's always this thread for Nadeo's channel programs: viewtopic.php?f=627&t=40857

But indeed, other than that, there's not a whole lot of ways to really properly share tracks here.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
hailmichigan

Post by hailmichigan »

I hope this is the right spot to ask this.
What is Nadeo Studios current and future plans for Maniaplanet and its games? Maniaplanet has been receiving updates improving the quality and content of the engine, but all this work must be for something. I see that Nadeo Studios partnered with Blade SAS(Blade-group) to bring TrackMania Stadium to cloud-based gaming product "Shadow" for 2019. That’s fine, but what’s the current and future plans for Maniaplanet and its games?
Miss

Post by Miss »

I hadn't heard of this before, interesting to see that being an actual thing.

Anyway, I do know that they're working on a new game right now (details not announced yet, but there's been hints in several different places), as well as general bugfixing for the platform itself.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
tcq

Post by tcq »

Hylis wrote: 03 Jan 2017, 11:24 Yes, I was talking of the Vulkan support, tx TMarc
As we discussed last time over vulcan for MP (January 2017), I just wanted to know if there might be any new development on this topic? Cause I would really be looking forward to this :thumbsup:
leslieshaffer

Post by leslieshaffer »

Hello, I hope this is the right spot to ask this.
Is it be possible again to play offline with the game?
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

It has always been possible. However you need an account on which the game keys are registered with. And you need to connect the account online (online or silent) from time to time, for the player profile synchronization.

Note: A pure local account does not allow to play alone, it can only be used for local multi-player (hotseat) when the game was started from the account which has the keys.
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

Is ManiaPlanet part of the roadmap to receive additional updates sometime in the future, or is it effectively EOL (End of Life) as far as support for additional updates goes?

This seems to be a common question, and most people are saying it's EOL. But I've never seen any official statement about this. It's all just speculation from players.

I'd love to see additional updates to the Mesh Modeler, a block set update to Lagoon, and the changes needed for TMOne development to continue.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Demented

Post by Demented »

I'll second that Eyebo.
I'd love to see a few "loose ends" tied up before moving on.
There are a few of those unfixed things that have actually pushed me away (something I really thought would never happen to me).
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit

Return to “Maniaplanet”