xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

ManiaPlanet 2 Beta Server 2012-09-07 - beta1.3

Post by xbx »

g'day folks!

Sooooo...
We have been preparing a new update "beta 1.3"

Please be warned that this release is not compatible with previous beta 1.2 for shootmania.
(that is: up-to-date client won't be able to connect to older servers,)
It remains cross-compatible for TrackMania.

The new server is here:
http://files.maniaplanet.com/ManiaPlane ... -09-07.zip

Changes specific to the server are:
(note: most also need a beta1.3 client to work correctly)
  • fix planet transactions in SM
  • fixed SetForcedMusic() and SetForcedMods()
  • fixed ForceSpector(), forcespectatortargett() and ForceTeam()
  • Added GetCurrentWinnerTeam(), and added it to the
    ManiaPlanet.EndMatch() callback.
  • bug fixes and performance improvements.
  • Netcode improvements (increased packet frequency, bandwith reduction and better bandwith allocation)
  • Fixed the "lags when a new player is connecting to the server" issue
  • Changes to the ladder system: players no longer need to be present at the start of a match to win
    ladder points, but need to be present at the end of the match.
warning: the bandwidth server settings were actually mostly ignored so far, so you may need to tune your configuration, to specify the values you want the server to use.
And same goes for the client: For the best experience, verify that the network rates in the launcher dialog match your actual connection rates.

edit: updated the server to 2012-09-07
with changes to elite experimental, and fixed GetCurrentWinnerTeam() and EndMatch() callback to return -1,0,1. (instead of 0,1,2)
edit: client is now available.
kapsubm

Re: ManiaPlanet 2 Beta Server 2012-09-06 - beta1.3

Post by kapsubm »

i can confirm that platform and race (new server) are working with the old clientversion,
now waiting for the new clientversion to get SM running with donations, betcha and so on :)
Join CSeSports Platform Server

[url=maniaplanet://:maniaplanet://#join=cs.esports@Platform@nadeolive]CS.eSportsPlatform 0-60K With Fox Control[/url]
[url=maniaplanet://:maniaplanet://#join=csesports2@SMStorm]CS.eSports SM Royal 0-60 k 40 players With Smart Servercontroller[/url]
[url=maniaplanet://:maniaplanet://#join=cs.esports1@TMCanyon]CS.eSports Stunts in Canyon with Smart Servercontroller[/url]
tcq

Post by tcq »

xbx wrote:And same goes for the client: For the best experience, verify that the network rates in the launcher dialog match your actual connection rates.
What happens if I set a value slightly slower than my original settings (e.g. to have some spare reserves for VoIP/firefox). How will this affect the overall game experience?
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

I successfully updated my servers (TM2: Canyon and SMS: Royal) and both seem to be running fine.
I connected to my Canyon server fine.

However, the client update hasn't been pushed yet, can you provide an ETA on when? I assume within 2-3 hours since it will be afternoon by then? ;)

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:
xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: ManiaPlanet 2 Beta Server 2012-09-07 - beta1.3

Post by xbx »

Updated the server to version 2012-09-07...

With changes to elite experimental title,
and fixed GetCurrentWinnerTeam() and EndMatch() callback to return -1,0,1. (instead of 0,1,2)
xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by xbx »

tcq wrote:
xbx wrote:And same goes for the client: For the best experience, verify that the network rates in the launcher dialog match your actual connection rates.
What happens if I set a value slightly slower than my original settings (e.g. to have some spare reserves for VoIP/firefox). How will this affect the overall game experience?
I don't answer these because I don't know all the details, but I'm pressing david to come and share his insights here... :mrgreen:
xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by xbx »

So now included in this version, is an other title "Elite Experimental".

The title Id is:
SMStormEliteExperimental@nadeolabs

And it includes new maps from players, And I put together a default plylist with these:
"MatchSettings/SMStormElite2.txt"

So, you can run it with

Code: Select all

ManiaPlanetServer [....] /game_settings=MatchSettings/SMStormElite2.txt /title=SMStormEliteExperimental@nadeolabs
(as usual, you need to register it with your main account by loading it into a station)
killer606

Post by killer606 »

I can't start an server, maybe vecause I dont have the new update until now? He sais that I am not allowed to create an server for Elite exp.
Slig

Post by Slig »

killer606 wrote:I can't start an server, maybe vecause I dont have the new update until now? He sais that I am not allowed to create an server for Elite exp.
To use a title based mode on a dedicated, the player account who created the dedicated account must have added the title in a station.

Return to “Dedicated Server”