[B2.0] Crash during map load - fresh install

Moderator: NADEO

aborttrap

[B2.0] Crash during map load - fresh install

Post by aborttrap »

I got the latest installer from here, installing it in a different location to my existing ManiaPlanet installation (my new user and common data locations are separate also).

Launching ManiaPlanet for the first time I was able to get into ShootMania with no dialog asking to download anything extra. But when I connect to a server or load the editor, the game crashes with no Windows error dialog.

Here is the game and crash log after the crash.

The next time I launch ManiaPlanet, I am asked to redownload about 385 MB. In the common data's CorruptedFiles folder was an SMStorm_2012-07-04.zip file. I don't get how this just got corrupt... the installer I ran went perfectly fine.

Can someone please explain what's going on? Before I used this installer I had a perfectly fine ShootMania installation that was working fine for several days (maybe weeks?) until I got a similar 'corrupted file' problem - I have another thread describing a similar problem.

Thanks!
aborttrap

Re: [B2.0] Crash during map load - fresh install

Post by aborttrap »

I decided to try and re-download the replacement file it wants, hoping it doesn't complain about a corrupt file again. It still would be nice to know why this occurs fairly regularly for me.

Has anyone else had this issue?
aborttrap

Post by aborttrap »

OK, just redownloaded. But it crashes just before it finishes loading a map again...

And it says the same "SMStorm_2012-07-04.zip" file is corrupt - did I just download this for nothing? Please help!

Edit: Relevant log file (no crash log was made interestingly)
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

The installer might run fine, but it seems the updates don't load properly.
Check if your tempory internet download location has enough free space, since the update can be several hundreds of MB.
Also try to run the update with your anti-virus disabled temporarily.
aborttrap

Post by aborttrap »

I installed the game (including its user/common data folders) on a volume with gigabytes of free space, and I don't use anti-virus software.
LuckyBoy
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by LuckyBoy »

From the crash log, it looks you've not so many system page file: when the game is launched there is 1.4Go free.
It looks like you've 4Gb of physical memory without any windows page file.
The games requires around 1 or 1.5Gb, but without page file, your 4Gb are shared with all windows app. (inc. system).
Don't you see windows saying ManiaPlanet is running out of memory ?
Could you enable your windows page file to default size to test if it solves the issue please ?
Thanks
aborttrap

Post by aborttrap »

Yeah, I've frequently had alerts from Windows about low memory, which I thought was really strange because I thought I manually set a size for my pagefile one time...

Here's a screenshot of my pagefile setup:

What I don't get is that I've added space for Storage, yet the "Currently allocated" space down the bottom is 0 MB. I managed to free 4 GB of space on my boot volume (System SSD), and give it a pagefile as well, but I still got low memory warnings after a restart (and it still said 0 MB allocated). I don't know a lot about how Windows works internally, but I noticed on the root of my Storage volume did in fact have pagefile.sys which was 4 GB.

Thanks for the reply, by the way :D

Return to “Shootmania Storm Reports”