Having trouble creating an account.[fixed]

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

Madforit

Having trouble creating an account.[fixed]

Post by Madforit »

I have been trying to create an account so that I can play TrackMania Nations Forever and when I tried it kept saying "Account Creation Failed, Please Try Again."
I have tried opening all ports and disabling all firewall/AV software with no success.
I then managed to find this forum and made an account hoping that I would be able to sign into the game with the same account details and at one point i thought that maybe it had worked as it was accepting my username but sayign my password was wrong, A whole bunch of time's I tried to select Forgot my password and it kept saying that the email couldn't be sent, and then I realised if I left out the incorrect (Which was actually correct) password it did actually state that it had sent me my password reminder, but when i checked my email there was nothing there and I have checked quite a few times now.
I love playing this game in solo and if I could actually manage to get an online account up and running I would definately be into buying the newer versions of the game as well.

Please Please Please can someone tell me how the hell I am supposed to create an account that will be accepted or even created correctly,
I do hope that the servers are still going as this looks like a really great game to play online.

Also when i customised my car and tried to save it, it kept saying Error: Read only file.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me fix this problem,,
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Re: Having trouble creating an account.

Post by Omnixor »

maybe the account name you want to take is already taken?.. also, forum accounts and game accounts aren't linked.

about skin - do Save As, not Save, since you can't overwrite default skins.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
Madforit

Post by Madforit »

That is not the problem,,,the game just won;t make an account,,,,3 friends have also tried themselves as well,

Is the server still up and running ok or does it experience frequent downtime ?
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Unfortunately your message is very confusing, so it is also very difficult to help.

When and where did you purchase the game? Where did you download it? Did you apply all the necessary updates (even for TMUF there were patches).

Do you have a valid key for it?

Finally please read first the Account issues thread and contact the appropriate support regarding key and account related issues.
Madforit

Post by Madforit »

I haven't purchased the game form anywhere as I understood it, it was totally free.
This is why i downlaoded TMNF from fileplanet as it said it was totally free and also an online game,
The solo mode works perfectly but every time i try to create an account it says Account Creation failed / Retry or close.

All I want to do is create an account so that i can play online.

If this game isn't free then why is it advertised as a free game,

Also is there anywhere that I can check to see if the server is running o.k. as I think this may be the problem,

I am also thinking about running my own server so that me and my friends can play online together but was wondering whether I still need to create an account to use a server that I have created myself.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Ah right, I misread Nations Forever ;) this one is free indeed :thumbsup:

In order to be able to create an online account, your computer must be connected to the internet. :!:
1. hint: check if IE is not in offline mode, as TrackMania and ManiaPlanet use Windows Sockets and IE technology for the connection
2. hint: launch TMNF in windowed mode and look for messages from your firewall.
If there are none, either the game is already blocked, or it is not even trying to connect to the internet.
3. hint: there is a option in the configuration, somethink like "test the connection" at every start, please enable this.
4. hint: check with the Wiki if your router and your firewall are not blocking the ports the game requires.

I hope one of the above already solves the issue...

Edit: it appears the TMNF master server has issues with account creation. Please try again every day and be patient :thumbsup:
Madforit

Post by Madforit »

Would i need to click on use local connection in the network settings,,,
I have set the ports correctly and also have no firewall when i try to play this game,

Thanks for the help so far.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

In the Windows internet settings, if you are constantly connected with a router or (DSL) modem,
please select "always connected" there indeed :thumbsup:

But as I also wrote, the TMNF account server has some issues recently, so creating a account might not be possible for a few days (until they discover and fix this issue).

If you want to play Stadium, you could also try the open beta, which is free. TrackMania² accounts are handeled by ManiaPlanet servers, and they are working fine.
legor
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by legor »

TMarc wrote:But as I also wrote, the TMNF account server has some issues recently, so creating a account might not be possible for a few days (until they discover and fix this issue).
This is fixed now, could you please try again ?
TMarc

Re: Having trouble creating an account.[fixed]

Post by TMarc »

Madforit? The last question was towards you, not to me ;)
Is it working now for you?

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”