Convert Assistant

Discuss everything related to custom data creation.

Moderator: NADEO

maxi031

Convert Assistant

Post by maxi031 »

Hawkger and Ziza had big influence in the development direction of this program and beta testing, so big thanks goes to those guys for their help :thx: .

Download:
Download newst CA from here

This is little tool that can help you convert objects and cars (characters in the future) more efficiently.

It work on drag and drop system.

No need to use command line at all, just drag file/files on it and press button.

You can convert multiple files at once.

Xml templates are used if you want convert assistant to create xml files for you.

You can find more information HERE, or you can read welcome page when you start program :).

Enjoy :thumbsup:
Last edited by maxi031 on 25 Mar 2015, 21:27, edited 11 times in total.
My specs:
MOBO: MB AM3+ 970 Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
CPU: AM3+ AMD FX-8320E
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX750-Ti ASUS 2GB DDR5
RAM: DDR3 8GB 1866MHz Kingston HyperX
SSD: SATA3 120gb SanDisk
TY MICMO
HawkGer
Translator
Translator

Re: Convert Assistant

Post by HawkGer »

Very very useful tool. I converted 300 objects with one click some days ago. Would have taken me ages with command line :roflol:
Great job, thx a lot!
darmaya

Post by darmaya »

It works smoooootly! :thumbsup:
tx Maxi :D
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

nice :thumbsup:
I've stickied your post so it doesn't disappear in the deeps of the forum ;)
maxi031

Post by maxi031 »

Glad you guys find it useful.
:thx: for nice words and sticky.
My specs:
TY MICMO
fwood

Post by fwood »

Great job. :thumbsup: It has a lot.
Thanks man. :3
string

Post by string »

Very useful and cool idea, thanks a lot for taking your time to make it for everyone to enjoy. Hope you'll keep it updated when new importerfeatures are added :)

By the way...could it be possible to add files recursively? Meaning if you drag onto it a directory inside "Common" or one of the other environments, will the files within that dir and subdirs also get added to the queue?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And another thing, which is not for maxi, but more a suggestion to Nadeo, would be to have the textures and icons be a common directory in the evironment root (or even Blocks dir) in both WorkBlocks and Blocks directory, instead of having it per subdir.
Example:
Image ...or... Image
As it is now it's both a pain to keep track of, and also you often need to duplicate the texturefiles, which lots of times are fairly large. I assume this also increases the size of an eventual title. This would also enable us to keep the same folder structure in WorkBlocks for the FBXs without increasing the multiple file conversion time for the importer simply so it can put the textures in each dir, because repeated texture conversion would be a consequence of recursive drag and drop (maybe it even repeats texture conversion now for files in one dir, I don't know, I just see the output in the end). Just seems to me that having ManiaPlanet look for the files in the root makes more sense.

Actually the best thing would be if Nadeo took this little thingy to heart, continue to expand on it, and include it with all their future updates of the nadeoimporter, keeping it compatible, simplifying mass conversion and including all the needed info without people having to search through a packed forum for how to use the nadeoimporter correctly. :D

Oh, and don't forget...a GUI always looks less scary, while commandline is the devil for the android generation. :lol:
maxi031

Post by maxi031 »

Its updated, you can now drag folders :).

I support your idea to have one texture folder for all objects, same as the game have one image folder for all blocks.
That will save us lot of copy paste and a lot space on hd.

For icons i think it should stay the same as it is, because having one folder could cause some name conflicts.

For example i have folders Plants1, Plants2, Plants3, and they all have 1.fbx, 2.fbx, 3.fbx ... files inside. With your idea there is no way to supply them with different icons.
My specs:
TY MICMO
string

Post by string »

Yeah, you're right... I agree that the necessity for a common resource folder really only concerns the textures since those are the files that really add to the size, and are the only files required by more than one object, and are hard to keep track of (3 good reasons). To be honest I can't even remember why I felt icons should be that way too ;)

And thanks for the update...that was fast! :thumbsup:
Dany0

Post by Dany0 »

Thanks a lot! Good job!

Return to “Title Pack & Custom Data Creation”