[TitlePack] CardMelee

Moderator: English Moderator

PapyChampy

Re: [TitlePack] CardMelee

Post by PapyChampy »

Tested, really amazing.

The variety of situations is great.

Maybe I'll try to buid some maps for this mode.
Fadden

Post by Fadden »

Thanks for your support, it is very encouraging :D

PapyChampy, I will be happy and curious to play on ;)
Elle est où la poulette ?
Fadden

Post by Fadden »

An update is available :D ! (version 1.7)

New cards :
This card replaces "Instant kill" that was too powerful and could not be countered. Now you can counter with an armor bonus.
--------------------------------------------------------
Can help, for example, to discard annoying cards kept by players and the end of round.
A little bonus. Can be quite smart with a weapon that recharges slowly :)
Will you take this in first ? Not sure^^
Rocket seems to be the weakest weapon. This card allows to improve it, but it works for all players with Rockets.
Other changes :
- The rarity of the card Battle Parasite is increased.
- Now if a player joins during a round and if the server is not full, he spawns with 2 Rockets (he can play instead of waiting the end of round)
- Some maps updated, and new maps available (the pack is on the manialink)

I try to make a gamemode understandable for all players, so all cards are in english, But as I am not English, it may have some grammar mistakes in the cards textes, so thanks to report me if you see them ;)
fng_thatoneguy

Post by fng_thatoneguy »

Is there an easier way to get updates for the dedicated server? I don't mind going to the manialink to get the client download, but it would be nicer for a link here to download the dedicated server update.

Thanks in advance! This game mode is a lot of fun! :thumbsup:
Fadden

Post by Fadden »

Yes you're right. I added the link in the first post ;)
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

[TitlePack] CardMelee

http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 00#p187600
Fadden wrote:Hi everybody ! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is this ?

CardMelee is a mode for 4 players, based on Melee (really ?^^), but with cards that define your weapon, ammos and different powers.
By default, a game of CardMelee is 3 rounds of 4 minutes. At the beginning of each round, players drafts card to get weapon and other bonus. Here is a screen during the draft :
Screen

If you are not familiar with card games, you may not understand what is “draft”. Basically, it’s : each player receives a number of cards and chooses one among them. Then he passes the non-chosen cards to the next player (at his left for exemple) and receives the non-chosen cards of the previous player (at his right). This until each player has a certain number of cards. I hope this is clear, otherwise the best is to try, it is very simple^^.

After the draft, the melee takes place with a particular rule : if you hit a player with more points than you, you get 2 points, otherwise, you get 1 point. This rules makes closer games, with more possibilities to come back if you make a bad round.

At the end of the round, you can choose a card among your non-weapon cards you will keep for the next round. Then the next round begins with the draft.

And at the end of the 3rd round, the player with more points wins the map.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download :
Download and all you need are on the manialink CardMelee.
Or here

Some infos and tips :
About the title :
- This gamemode is designed for only 3 or 4 players, in order that the draft be clear (better visibility for read cards) and that it not be the big bazaar during the melee.
- Originally, it was created to play in local network when the ping was too bad to play online :P

About the gamemode :
- You can't have several weapons. During the draft, If you choose a second weapon, it replaces the first.
- If you don't choose a weapon during the draft, you will have Rocket with only two ammo.
- If you disconnect and reconnect, you will loose all your cards for the round (so you will have Rocket with two ammo).
- If you are alone on the server and a second player comes, a restart will be done to launch the draft.

Thanks to report bugs here, and sorry if there are english mistakes ^^
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

Alinoa,
I think you wanted to post this in the Titlepackcenter topic? :D
Wabbitface

Post by Wabbitface »

This gamemode is great fun and I do enjoy to play it time to time, but I have a problem with a few cards:

Battle Parasite - The player that kills you dies as well
Instant Kill
Weapon Discard - Discard all weapon cards

I think these cards ruin the fun of the match being played, especially the weapon discard card as It can wreck players builds and they may be forced to play a slow round in which they can't do anything which just leads to frustration. Same goes for Instant kill & battle Parasite, the game just slows to a crawl and isn't that fun.

Instant kill is a pretty powerful card - Eliminating a lot of players on field giving you more control over the map and the trade-off being a hard time trying to get as many hits as possible to win the game. This may seem balanced but there is also the frustration of the players that invested in some armor cards.

I know you can 'just about' change the chance of these cards appearing but the game settings menus is bugged and cannot display all the settings.

It's great to see you update Card Melee and I want to encourage you to keep doing it as its a awesome gamemode!
Liam 'Wabbitface' Watson
ShootMania Shout-caster
Specs | Intel i5-3570k @ 3.80GHz | 16GB 2400MHz | Nvidia GTX 780 | Win10.1 64bit | Asus Maximus V Formula
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Soprah wrote:Alinoa,
I think you wanted to post this in the Titlepackcenter topic? :D
She already did: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 71#p192871 ;)
I think it was only leftover of the preparation (Quote, copy, paste) :D
Fadden

Post by Fadden »

@Wabbitface :

I know Battle parasite slows the game, but the card is very rare since the last update. And all cards must not speed up the game.
Considering various opinions, Instant kill has been removed, replaced by powershot that can be countered with Armor bonus.
Weapon sabotage is a card for those are good to draft. You can try to discard all weapons, remembering that you will get one at the last pick, for example.
Ok if everybody has only two Rockets, it's slow, but some players like when it's slow, it must have cards for all tastes ;)

Return to “Title Packs”