Ladder equivalent

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Ladder equivalent

Post by Hylis »

Just to inform you that we are turning on the system that makes some minimal equivalence in the ladder.
50% of your Elite ranking will be your minimum for your Siege ranking
50% of your Siege ranking will be your minimum for Elite ranking.
It means that if you are Echelon 6 in Elite, that you will be at least Echelon 3 in Siege. The goal is to help autobalance functions.

This system can be made available to title pack maker to set up some references, as well as speed of the ladder progression. Our intention is also to have more options for the way a title pack maker would like the ladder to be handled on it's title. And we may also adapt the rule of the current title packs as well.
fleo

Re: Ladder equivalent

Post by fleo »

Nice idea, it makes sense. I'll try that as soon as you say how to implement it :D
Follow me on my maniaflash. Try the new elitealternative! Feedbacks on this post. :thumbsup:

♫ I need αεяø. I'm holding out for αεяø 'til the end of the night. ♫
steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen »

so as a result when I obtain LPs in elite my amount of LPs in siege raises as well?
that's gonna confuse
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
    phil13hebert

Post by phil13hebert »

steeffeen wrote:so as a result when I obtain LPs in elite my amount of LPs in siege raises as well?
    that's gonna confuse
    It's confusing. At first, I tought that you need to be the same echelon in the 2 to be able to continue.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40Ghz
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 798MHz
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 1536MB
    Motherboard: Intel 0KM92T
    Sound: 7.1
    Peripherals: Logitech G510, SteelSeries sensei raw, Corsair vengeance 1500
    fleo

Post by fleo »

steeffeen wrote:so as a result when I obtain LPs in elite my amount of LPs in siege raises as well?
    Only if your amount of LPs in Siege is lower than half of your LPs in Elite. And Hylis said "ranking", so I guess it's only about Echelons. There is still to see if that works with "big" echelons (1, 2, 3,...) or also little steps (1.1, 1.2, 1.3,...).
    Follow me on my maniaflash. Try the new elitealternative! Feedbacks on this post. :thumbsup:

♫ I need αεяø. I'm holding out for αεяø 'til the end of the night. ♫
    steeffeen
    Translator
    Translator

Post by steeffeen »

fleo wrote:Only if your amount of LPs in Siege is lower than half of your LPs in Elite.
    obviously
    fleo wrote:And Hylis said "ranking", so I guess it's only about Echelons. There is still to see if that works with "big" echelons (1, 2, 3,...) or also little steps (1.1, 1.2, 1.3,...).
    there is no such thing like "ranking", there are only LPs
    phil13hebert wrote:It's confusing. At first, I tought that you need to be the same echelon in the 2 to be able to continue.
    same

another even more confusing possibility is to "have" a simulated higher amount of points because you have more in another title but your actual LPs in the worse title aren't increasing

Hylis
      Nadeo
      Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

not sure to understand your last point, but it means that if someone would like to say that on CTF, you are at least Echelon 3 if you are Echelon 9 on Elite, then he would add to the title the rule: 33% of Elite on one of the reference (you can have more)

Yes, you would 'win' LP on the CTF if you increase in Elite, but I think it's mainly if you don't play CTF. Or otherwise, you would progress on CTF and once you reach Echelon 4, you will never see it changes because of Elite. It's more a "starter" situation than a ladder equivalence, 'somehow'

May be confusing at first, but a title pack maker may later prefer to simply boost the speed of the ladder (win 1 Echelon in low level per match and 0.1 in high level after/and equivalent loss of course)
      steeffeen
      Translator
      Translator

Post by steeffeen »

I'm still not sure if I understand it correctly but I think it's like my last point
      you have 10k LPs in siege but because you have 90k in elite you're displayed as if you would have 45k even though you don't actually have 45k
      ?

we might just wait before guessing around even more

Hylis
        Nadeo
        Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

no, you will really have 45k in Siege (not a display feature) and if you lose 10K LP in Elite, you will not lose them in Siege. It's more of an achievement of minimal level.
        novationx

Post by novationx »

Seems great! It will improve the balancing for sure!
        The neverending waiting game has to stop.

Return to “Multiplayer”