[Steam] Buy TrackMania 2 on Steam and play using ManiaPlanet

Talk here if you need help about Maniaplanet or its games

Moderator: English Moderator

ArendJanH

[Steam] Buy TrackMania 2 on Steam and play using ManiaPlanet

Post by ArendJanH » 28 Jun 2014, 11:20

Hello ManiaPlanet,

Being the Steam summer sale the TrackMania 2 games are 40% on sale :D .
But when I use Steam to buy TrackMania 2 games, can I also connect them to my ManiaPlanet account?
I would like to because I have bought over ManiaPlanet TrackMania 2 Canyon and I would like to add Vally and Stadium.

So to summarize: I buy Trackmania 2 Pack on Steam, I want these games on the Dekstop ManiaPlanet Launcher(so not on Steam!). Then I have to link the codes to my ManiaPlanet account. :?

So I want to know if this is possible, because I hope so. :thumbsup:
I hope to get for June 30 a response, when the summer sale ends.

GR. Arend-Jan

I translated this quickly using google translote and edited a bit, sorry if it is hard to understand ;)

TMarc

Re: [Steam] Buy TrackMania 2 on Steam and play using ManiaPl

Post by TMarc » 28 Jun 2014, 11:33

If you cannot wait, you have to install the games in Steam, and then use your existing ManiaPlanet account for each new game.
Do not create a new ManiaPlanet account.

If you can wait, the keys purchased in Steam will be made available to the standalone client after some time (but this can take several days or even weeks) by Nadeo and then you can copy the CD Key from Steam and add it to your standalone ManiaPlanet account.
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD
Discord: TMarc#3002

ArendJanH

Post by ArendJanH » 28 Jun 2014, 11:50

TMarc wrote:If you cannot wait, you have to install the games in Steam, and then use your existing ManiaPlanet account for each new game.
Do not create a new ManiaPlanet account.

If you can wait, the keys purchased in Steam will be made available to the standalone client after some time (but this can take several days or even weeks) by Nadeo and then you can copy the CD Key from Steam and add it to your standalone ManiaPlanet account.
Thanks TMarc,

Okay, I can just buy the game and play it after sometime on Maniaplanet.
But where can I find the codes when they are available?
And why isn't it immediately available?

GR. Arend-Jan

TMarc

Post by TMarc » 28 Jun 2014, 14:09

As I wrote, it is the "CD-Key", and you can find it in the Steam Library, when you do a right mouse button click on the game.

And it is not available with the standalone game instantaneously because Steam regularly sends the purchased keys to Nadeo, and they have to transfer them manually to the regular ManiaPlanet database.

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD

ArendJanH

Post by ArendJanH » 28 Jun 2014, 17:03

TMarc wrote:As I wrote, it is the "CD-Key", and you can find it in the Steam Library, when you do a right mouse button click on the game.

And it is not available with the standalone game instantaneously because Steam regularly sends the purchased keys to Nadeo, and they have to transfer them manually to the regular ManiaPlanet database.
Hey TMarc,

I see how it works. But why isn't that automatic? Then should players not have to wait. ;)
Is there a way to fast this proces up? Maybe a e-mail or something? :?

GR. Arend-Jan

TMarc

Post by TMarc » 28 Jun 2014, 20:04

Unfortunately not.
The key transfer is manual because Nadeo is simply doing it like this, and in batches when they have time.
After all Steam is not the ideal plattform for ManiaPlanet, as each title is installed separately in Steam.

ArendJanH

Post by ArendJanH » 08 Jul 2014, 20:18

TMarc wrote:Unfortunately not.
The key transfer is manual because Nadeo is simply doing it like this, and in batches when they have time.
After all Steam is not the ideal plattform for ManiaPlanet, as each title is installed separately in Steam.
Hey Marc, I've waited a week now and nothing is happend. I can't import the Cd-code from Steam to ManiaPlanet, do you've an idea when the puss it into the ManiaPlanet DataBase?

And are you a developer of Maniaplanet or coder?

GR. Arend-Jan

TMarc

Post by TMarc » 08 Jul 2014, 21:52

Hi Arend,
sorry to hear it was not done yet. Please send a PM to Alinoa, with your login, and she will convey internally.

I'm developper and coder, but not for ManiaPlanet, and also not for Nadeo... I'm "only" a user here :D

Alinoa
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Alinoa » 10 Jul 2014, 11:29

When buying maniaplanet through Steam, you have only to create an online maniaplanet account on Steam to be able to play outside Steam.
Then please install maniaplanet from the download links available in your player page and sign in with the maniaplanet account created on Steam.

It's when players buy games outside Steam that Nadeo and Steam have to manually activate keys to make them redeemable on Steam ;)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

Return to “Support & Bug Reports”