Competition Title pack - we need you!

Moderator: English Moderator

Rasque
Translator
Translator

Competition Title pack - we need you!

Post by Rasque »

Competition Title Pack

We in ESL go into the biggest development ever: we are about to build a title pack. The concept beyond is, that we want to give more and more sense and feature to our game(s). In our latest update which was maybe the most effective regarding gameplay, was the addition of a few blocks (not mentioning here now the bug fixes, which should be really basic) and thats also quite old.

With this idea, we would like to develop the game after our taste, as we think, from the e-sports-side, and through it, touching the casual players aswell. We would like to have our titlepack to be spread over the community, using our possibilities and to make this title pack as a real TM2 revolution.

What do we plan, and what are our goals?

:thumbsup: To add useful, senseful and awesome new blocks
:thumbsup: To gather all ESL tracks into a solo campaign (even since TMN ESWC)
:thumbsup: Make solo play medals to give a good challenge to everyone
:thumbsup: To expand the building territory to 64x64 (when its needed, e.g. fullspeed, nascar, etc.)
:thumbsup: To make this title pack a popular one, and to make it available to use for any organisators/organisations
:thumbsup: To start using the ESL Competition Titlepack on the upcoming premiership league

What sacrifices should the community make?
Of course, as this is a title pack, it will need servers running this very title pack, and it demands a bit more care regarding the administrational side. All in all, you have to realize, that this feature would be mandatory to use for every player playing ESL leagues.
We, though, want to believe that this title pack will worth the time and the care, and everyone who has been waiting for a real update, will have no problems and doubts to run the ESL Competition Titlepack every time at game launch, instead of the basic TM2 Stadium (or Canyon and Valley) one.

Current plans - setting up a team
First of all, we are about to establish a project team, which will help us to create this awesome title pack. This title pack is not created fully and only by the ESL Admin team, but together with you! We think that this work would be a project, of which many players will think later with proud.

The current team builds up from two members at the moment, who are both ESL admins.

Project manager - Rasque
Hiring members
Project coordination
Dev team coordination
Server hosting

Project co-manager - K.Kemzura
Titlepack programming
GFX designer
Head of test department

We need a 3D artist!
Unfortunately our TM staff lacks of some experienced 3D-workers, so we need one or two. If this is you, don't hesitate to contact us via e-mail: rasque@staff.eslgaming.com ! What we can offer, is a planned and close work among creative guys and in an intense athmosphere, where we also do not want to waste time, but create and test out our best ideas.

Who else we need?
Of course we don't think we want to make this big step in game history alone, so we would like to work together with the most popular and creative guys (builders and drivers) out there, so we can discuss about possible new blocks and their usability in a greater sense.

We already have some names in our mind, and soon we will share the latest news about this project and who we are working with, together on this job. Nevertheless, if you think you are one of the builders/players, who can work with us and give awesome ideas, do not hesitate and drop a line to this e-mail: rasque@staff.eslgaming.com . We want to welcome as many creative people around as we can.

Thank you for your attention, and we hope we can revolutionize Trackmania together! :1010
Last edited by Rasque on 19 Apr 2016, 14:52, edited 2 times in total.
mistAken

Re: ESL Competition Title pack - we need you!

Post by mistAken »

Awesome idea
haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by haenry »

As long as you create a TM2 titlepack and not just Stadium, it could work out really really well :thumbsup:
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!
Rasque
Translator
Translator

Post by Rasque »

Step by step, if you community wants it, but Stadium needs definately a big update atm :) So every style can benefit from this one pack and us with pleasure.
haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by haenry »

Does that mean yes or no? I don't really get that from your post :?

I'd highly recommend to create a TM2 titlepack with all environments. It is better to have a centralized place for everything and it is also more sustainable because you're not limited to one environment for cups :thumbsup:
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!
Rasque
Translator
Translator

Post by Rasque »

I meant I'm personally not against it, but the most urgent update is needed for Stadium. So I wont say no to a similar update to Canyon or Valley^^
It all can be put in another type of game title (so TM2) later if theres a need for it ;)
Electron

Post by Electron »

Rasque wrote: :thumbsup: To gather all ESL tracks into a solo campaign (even since TMN ESWC)
I'm not sure if I understood this correctly, but..
Don't add maps without the permission of the author.

There is no automatic 1:1 conversion of old TMF/TMUF (TrackMania 1) tracks possible by simply generating the lightmaps:
- Lot of maps show block-mixing glitches in TrackMania 2.
- The newly computed lighting is flawed on a few tracks.
- References to old, incompatible 3D car models have to be removed.
- While automatic calculation of the lightmaps, ManiaPlanet created new meaningless screenshots of the maps.
- Because of minor differences of the coordinate system, all MT work in intros are displaced a bit.
- Some camera work in outros will be broken.
- Custom animated BIK signs are not supported anymore and need to be replaced with WebM versions.
- Many other links to external media and skins are broken in the meantime and can not be reproduced.

Top map authors creating maps for the ESL take care about quality. I am not sure if all of them will allow you to include such maps in your Title Pack.
Rasque
Translator
Translator

Post by Rasque »

Electron wrote:
Rasque wrote: :thumbsup: To gather all ESL tracks into a solo campaign (even since TMN ESWC)
I'm not sure if I understood this correctly, but..
Don't add maps without the permission of the author.

There is no automatic 1:1 conversion of old TMF/TMUF (TrackMania 1) tracks possible by simply generating the lightmaps:
- Lot of maps show block-mixing glitches in TrackMania 2.
- The newly computed lighting is flawed on a few tracks.
- References to old, incompatible 3D car models have to be removed.
- While automatic calculation of the lightmaps, ManiaPlanet created new meaningless screenshots of the maps.
- Because of minor differences of the coordinate system, all MT work in intros are displaced a bit.
- Some camera work in outros will be broken.
- Custom animated BIK signs are not supported anymore and need to be replaced with WebM versions.
- Many other links to external media and skins are broken in the meantime and can not be reproduced.

Top map authors creating maps for the ESL take care about quality. I am not sure if all of them will allow you to include such maps in your Title Pack.
There can be flaws but when author is accessible we will offer to fix the tracks. But anyway we always request the tracks without pw so if anything necessary we can fix all. Details:

- Lot of maps show block-mixing glitches in TrackMania 2. => BM wasnt rly allowed in ESL (if yes we are reviewing them, but all were without flashing items)
- The newly computed lighting is flawed on a few tracks. => it isnt our problem tbh.
- References to old, incompatible 3D car models have to be removed. => this wont be a problem with our tracks since no 3d models were used, GPS also forbidden
- While automatic calculation of the lightmaps, ManiaPlanet created new meaningless screenshots of the maps. =>i think this is also some minor thing^^ but as said we can re-save it and gg
- Because of minor differences of the coordinate system, all MT work in intros are displaced a bit. => intros were forbidden in ESL tracks
- Some camera work in outros will be broken. => outros also forbidden
- Custom animated BIK signs are not supported anymore and need to be replaced with WebM versions. => there is no animated sign in our signpack
- Many other links to external media and skins are broken in the meantime and can not be reproduced. => we used our own signpack

:thumbsup:
Rasque
Translator
Translator

Post by Rasque »

THanks for the offer, will contact him :thx:

Return to “Title Packs”