TMUF doesn't recognize graphics card

Discuss everything and more.

Moderator: English Moderator

riolu

Re: TMUF doesn't recognize graphics card

Post by riolu »

My laptop has integrated graphics AND a graphic card (Geforce 840M). I can switch between both. The problem is that TMUF apparently does not recognize the graphic card's dedicated memory (which is 2GB).

@Omnixor, I updated the Intel HD drivers, no success either. I'm really out of ideas myself^^
I ran a couple of benchmarks and the game runs quite okay with average FPS of ~50 on high settings, the problem is that all textures are extremely blurry due to the lack of memory.
Maniaplanet runs fine on medium settings with at least 50 FPS as well, even on bigger maps.
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

50 fps with 840M? I get 150+ with 650M... make sure that in configure-advanced-compatibility cpu/gpu sync is 1 frame and light from map is none (applies for both maniaplanet and TMUF), can give huge fps boost.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
riolu

Post by riolu »

GPU/CPU sync was already set to 1 frame. Tried your tip with "light from map", sadly with no noticable difference :/

Edit: I've installed a more recent chipset driver, that one didn't fix the issue either....
Edit2: Tried playing around with NVidia Inspector, no changes either.
trew

Post by trew »

In case someone hits this issue again. In Windows 10 (tested in version 1909),
- go to Settings
- Search for "Graphics settings" ("Paramètres des graphiques" in french)
- Add both TmForeverLauncher.exe and TmForever.exe to the list
- Set both to "high performance" instead of "power savings"
This will make sure that both exes use the dedicated GPU.
You can confirm that is it using the correct GPU by looking in task manager in the "GPU engine" column

After that I still had blurry texture issues. Fixed by disabling anti-aliasing. Many people reported other ways to fix that, but I guess it's worth a try.
Also, the amount of VRAM reported in TMUF config is wrong, but the game runs fine at max settings regardless.
Hope that helps!
martin-m-97

Post by martin-m-97 »

trew wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 02:16 In case someone hits this issue again. In Windows 10 (tested in version 1909),
- go to Settings
- Search for "Graphics settings" ("Paramètres des graphiques" in french)
- Add both TmForeverLauncher.exe and TmForever.exe to the list
- Set both to "high performance" instead of "power savings"
This will make sure that both exes use the dedicated GPU.
You can confirm that is it using the correct GPU by looking in task manager in the "GPU engine" column

After that I still had blurry texture issues. Fixed by disabling anti-aliasing. Many people reported other ways to fix that, but I guess it's worth a try.
Also, the amount of VRAM reported in TMUF config is wrong, but the game runs fine at max settings regardless.
Hope that helps!
Everything you wrote definitely helped me, thanks!

Return to “Off-Topics”