Improve blocks & gameplay/movement - Post Suggestions

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

UrinStein

Re: Improve blocks & gameplay/movement - Post Suggestions

Post by UrinStein »

Shiro wrote:You want to make the game even more like shit just so you have an easier time walljumping?
Can you explain how you think anyone here (and who i the first place) wants the game to be "more like shit" ?

People in this thread put quite some time into making precise examples about what they'd like to be changed in the game, it'd be nice if you could at least try to be nearly as precise with your opinion. How do you define "shit". What gameplay aspect does that translate into?

Movement is the most important aspect of the game right after shooting, when it comes to competitive modes. How would more consistency and more detailed customisability in the editor be "shit"?
Most things being discussed here are really only some decorative details on the blocks that end up having a major impact on how those blocks can be used In a competitive game I would like to see gameplay to be the number one concern, not only for the developers.
kadaz wrote:> That's where I disagree, cause the truth is, the truth is, weather you agree to disagree or not with liking it.
> I know I speak intelligent English
novationx

Post by novationx »

Shiro wrote:You want to make the game even more like shit just so you have an easier time walljumping?
Wow I nominate this reply to be most constructive ever.
On a more serious note the answer is : no , i dont want easier walljumps.

Im looking for a more userfriendly game which is easy to understand and way more logical. Currently some walljumps arent possible, that actually should be possible. Some walls dont even allow walljumping... It doesnt make sense.
Or you can stand somewhere and then on another block you suddenly cant stand there anymore.
I'm also asking for more block variations ( f.e. : a block with wood decoration and one without )

etc :) I hope this made things a bit clearer. :thx:
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

Straight up.. that kind of terminology is uncalled for.. its just a tiny inconvenience for those 'pros' at obstacle courses, or they could make everything walljump-able, and that would be just an inexcusable frustration, maybe think?
US: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smrock@SMStorm 十 Offline
EU: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smpage@SMStorm 十 Offline
US: SMTRAK Startup Server: maniaplanet://#join=tmrock@SMStadium 十 Online
novationx

Post by novationx »

On these images there is no blockmixing altho the block does not connect correctly to the floor. I think NADEO forgot to add those smooth borders @ floor.
Could you please add them in your next update? Thank you very much.

( The 2nd image is actually a blockmix, my bad. But I'm sad you can only use these pillars on grass. Why? )
Guerro323

Post by Guerro323 »

On all pictures, it's blockmix. ^^...
C'est Grandiose!
novationx

Post by novationx »

Guerro323 wrote:On all pictures, it's blockmix. ^^...
No it's not?
I can place the blocks and it's green. No need to press F2.
Guerro323

Post by Guerro323 »

novationx wrote:
Guerro323 wrote:On all pictures, it's blockmix. ^^...
No it's not?
I can place the blocks and it's green. No need to press F2.
Maybe because the grey blocks was blockmixed.
C'est Grandiose!
arn22433

Post by arn22433 »

2nd (you can have such a small block) and 3rd (can't place on a ramp like this) are blockmixed, dunno about the 1st one, as guerro said, some other block was maybe blockmixed.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

There's some more other stuff going on here too about block ideas and transitions.

viewtopic.php?f=433&t=17286
US: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smrock@SMStorm 十 Offline
EU: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smpage@SMStorm 十 Offline
US: SMTRAK Startup Server: maniaplanet://#join=tmrock@SMStadium 十 Online
novationx

Post by novationx »

Why is there no white border on the side? It breaks the design imo.

Height difference between these white borders. Would love to see them the same.

The metal of the cage and the wooden border of this normal asphalt block dont connect correctly and it's visually ugly.

I can build this without having to enable blockmixing so for me its "no blockmixing". Why doesnt this arch connect properly to the ramp/floor?

This is indeed a blockmix, but why cant these pillars be this low? Could you please make it possible?

This is also a blockmix, but why cant these blocks be this low? It's ugly like this and this block is actually used a lot at this height to jump on. You made it so that if you wanna jump on this block you need to blockmix. A weird decision imo.

Again, this weird decision. Why cant this block be used on a lower height without needing to turn on blockmixing? On the picture you can see that I placed it on a height on which players can jump... Fix please.

This is blockmixed, but why cant this pillar be used on ramps? :(

Missing white border breaks the design.

This is blockmixed. Maybe NADEO could make it so that this is possible?

No metal border for this centered cage. Could you add one in your future updates?

More inc.

I guess requesting this type of "'fixes" will be time-consuming and will only please the perfectionists, but I sincerely hope that NADEO finds the time to do this. Some things are just ugly.
Thanks for watching :)

TLDR :
A. Add white borders
B. When blockmixing please add a "proper connection" between the floor and the block you are using.
Blockmixing opens up so much possibilities at the cost of making things look "unnatural" but having this proper connection to the floor would surely make things look way better.
C. Allow blocks to be placed less high without needing to blockmix ( pillars , white walls/borders )

Return to “Shootmania”