Galactineers - the Space-Sandbox-RTS-game [now at Steam!]

Discuss everything and more.

Moderator: English Moderator

Insomnia

Galactineers - the Space-Sandbox-RTS-game [now at Steam!]

Post by Insomnia »

Hey guys,

today I'd like to show you my game Galactineers, which is available at Steam:

Galactineers is a genre-mix of open-world-sandbox game (like Minecraft, but is located in space) and realtime-strategy game. Instead of an avatar with an inventory you take control over numerous ships. You use blocks, buildings, and items, to shape the world to your imaginations.

Gameplay Trailer (english)

Gameplay Demo (german) #1 - Sandbox & Economy
Gameplay Demo (german) #1.5 - Sandbox (extended)
Gameplay Demo (german) #2 - Fights, PVP & PVE
Gameplay Demo (german) #3 - Exploration

Core feature of the game is the ship designer in the factory building. Wether you need harversters, cargo- and construction ships, observers, or battle ships, you build everything in the ship designer. You use blocks and ship modules. You can choose from nearly 50 different block materials and hundreds of ship modules, to design your ships as you imagine them, regarding look and functionality.

Explore space, to find ressources, pirates nests, extra-terrestrial stations, PVP arenas, such as PVE missions.

In the PVP arenas, you can face off with your friends and determine, who built the best battle ships. Bet for ship construction plans, or ressources.

In the PVE missions you can try to beat the game in singleplayer, or cooperatively with up to 4 players. You can win precious materials, or unlock new modules for the ship designer.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

The game is highly customizable. You can create own texture packs, add recipes to the foundry, or use the Object Editor, to add your own stations and asteroids to the map. With the simple PHP programming API, you can easily script your own PVE missions.

We'd really appreciate, if you'd give us your vote on Steam Greenlight :-)
Last edited by Insomnia on 25 Mar 2016, 16:12, edited 4 times in total.
Soprah

Re: Galactineers - the Space-Sandbox-RTS-game [Greenlight]

Post by Soprah »

My absolute favourite genre: Real time strategy games.
Oh, the good old times playing Age of Empires II with school friends.

I am not a big fan of RTS games that are set up in the universe, I prefer historical games like AoE, CoH2, TW etc.
I am also not a big fan of "minecraft graphics". But it is obviously the only solution if you work alone. And the block-concept allows you to have more freedom regarding your creativity. I just love that you can build your own battle ships, space stations etc! And the fact that the best "engineer" would win between a pvp match.. sounds really promising! :thumbsup:

I wish you good luck with your ambitious project! You've done a lot so far and it looks very good. Hopefully your efforts were not in vain. Let the RTS genre rise up again! :clap:

Regards,
Soprah

P.S.: If you need some suggestions/opinion/advices, I am here. I always dreamed of creating my own rts game but I've got too huge expectations and by taking my laziness into account... it would be probably still not finished when I am dead :lol: Anyways, maybe I can fulfil my dream at least partly by helping you a bit.
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia »

Thanks for your feedback :-) If you wish, you can join the closed alpha before the Early Access version at Steam.

I re-worked the graphics a little bit. I improved the texture filtering and added glow effects. Feedback welcome, same goes for your votes at Greenlight :-)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =554345851

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia »

We got greenlit at Thursday :)
Thanks to everyone who voted for the game! :)
Insomnia

Re: Galactineers - the Space-Sandbox-RTS-game [soon at Steam

Post by Insomnia »

Hey guys,
soon it's time, and our game Galactineers will be available at the Steam store!
You can already watch the trailer and the screenshots now, and add the game to your wish list.
At March 25th the Early Access will finally launch! We're looking forward to see you on a server or another :-)

Miss

Post by Miss »

Very cool! Good luck on the release! :clap:
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia »

Thank you very much :-)

The game is now available for sale in the Early Access version at Steam:

Insomnia

Re: Galactineers - the Space-Sandbox-RTS-game [now at Steam!]

Post by Insomnia »

Hello guys!
Today we're proud to release a big game update, which we've been working on for weeks. It significantly improves the overall visual quality of the game.

In the past
Since I did not post here for a long time, now a little best-of the latest updates in advance:
- There are several new minor factions. Some of them are friendly and you can find their stations in outer space. Others are hostile and even have their own biomes.
- Enemy NPC ships (from the old and new factions as well) can be challenged for a quick 1vs1 battle. In case of victory, they have some loot for you, of course. :-)
- At jump portals, merchants spawn on a regular base to trade with your docking bays nearby. Also, enemy ships spawn every now and then and can be challenged for a 1vs1.
- There are new automation mechanisms in addition to the transmitter system, e.g. relay stations and lava pumps.
- There are new PVE missions available. We now have 4 of finally 12 missions implemented to the game and of course they contain loot and unlock new ship modules.
- The world can be upgraded up to Level 4. There are level 4 buildings, the level 4 ship designer and of course tons of level 4 ship modules.
- There's an interactive tutorial for newcomers, lots of tutorial videos, context-driven help texts and a complete ingame wiki.
- The API has been heavily extended, so there are many more options for complex mission scripts.

But now for today's update:

Lighting improvement
At first, we added bump mapping to all blocks an buildings! This increases the level of detail dramatically and creates a more three-dimensional surface for all blocks and building walls.
At second, we added light sources and illumination (this can be (de)activated in the settings). Items like buoys or powerblocks do now emit light and enlighten the environment around them. This improves the games atmosphere in a big scale. Furthermore, spotlights can be attached to your ships to create seeker ships or just as a nice decoration.

And with it comes the content
To allow you to make use of the new visuals, there are over a dozen new ship modules from level 1 to 3, which you can use in the ship designer (no need to unlock via a mission loot). From point light beacons over floodlights to lanterns, you'll find everything to build nice illuminated ships.

A new trading race has been introduced to the game, the Copper Miners. On the above screenshot you can see their home base, which can now be found in outer space as well. They'll sell copper, coal and also a new item called Lightbox. The lightbox can be used to illuminate your structures with spotlights of different colours (can also be seen on the above screenshot). Of course, the copper miners will also appear at your jump portals to trade with your docking bays. Just make sure you check out our wiki to see the supply and demand of all trading races.

Bugfixes and improvements
Of course, as with every update, we also fixed bugs and added a few improvements and/or features from our to-do list. For example the tutorial has been improved with new tag messages, so it's even more obvious for newcomers to get into the game, and the shields (available for ships of level 2 or above) have now been implemented to the combat engine.

In the future
In the next few days, we'll focus on updating our shop page with new screenshots and trailers, so new visitors get a better impression of the game in updated quality. Also, trading cards and our wiki page will be updated with improved screenshots. Maybe, we'll launch another Steam visibility round to get a new wave of players in.
After everything has been updated to the better visual level, we'll return to mission scripting and finally release the next two PVE missions you're all waiting for.

As you can see, a lot of things are still happening in this game and we hope to leave Early Access state this year!
But for now, have fun with the update and thanks for reading! :-)
tcq

Re: Galactineers - the Space-Sandbox-RTS-game [now at Steam!]

Post by tcq »

The graphics have surely improved. Keep it up, it's looking good :)

Return to “Off-Topics”