UASECO 0.9.2 (2017-05-15) released

UASECO is a fork of the XAseco2/1.03 controller for Trackmania and has been overhauled to support the Modescript Gamemodes of Trackmania².

Moderators: undef.de, NADEO

undef.de

UASECO 0.9.2 (2017-05-15) released

Post by undef.de »

I'm proud to release this bugfix release, which fixes the issues on windows hosted systems and ManiaKarma, MusicServer and so on. The full changelog is available at https://www.uaseco.org/downloads.php#Changelog

There are still some bugs not fixed yet, but I wanted to bring this fix as soon as possible. Please keep reporting... :thumbsup:

Important
wget isn't required anymore (for both systems), that has been replaced by an own script which acts as a worker process for the WebRequest class. Currently you have to start that process the same way as UASECO. This worker kills himself on UASECO shutdown, so there is no need to kill him manually. I'm unsure if more simultaneous processes are required... lets see if it works well.

The install guide at https://www.uaseco.org/documentation/installation.php has been updated as well.

Download
https://www.uaseco.org/
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
askuri

Re: UASECO 0.9.2 (2017-05-15) released

Post by askuri »

That worker process sounds very interesting. Will take a look at it as soon as I can.
Great work Undef!
ramires

Post by ramires »

Yes,... thx for your great work Undef!!!

My Servers up, without any errors,... The worker is still working,.. ;-)

best regards,...
orangina

Post by orangina »

Thanks you very much Undef :thumbsup:
SSM.Speed...

Post by SSM.Speed... »

salut

:0010 :0010 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thx: :thx: :clap: :clap: :yes: :yes: :pil :pil :3 :3
createur de server depuis 2005 nadeo 1>tmnf 2>tmc et 4>Stad² 15>storm 43> server matchmaking pour un total de 65 server 24/24 createur du FanClub SSM
Lutzif3r

Post by Lutzif3r »

Moin ppl,

nice work...almost...but there is a lil problem with local liveranking, everything runs without any errors, records.eyepiece settings all set to "true" to show the records at the match - but you could see the records at the end-of-round screen only...btw sorry 4 my bad english :|

solved :D

ahhhh no worries found that magic-key to hit "F9"

sry

greetz
oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

I quite like the idea of the worker process as well ass it prevents any needs for the usage of the exec.
Can you catually launch multiple worker process?

Hmm maybe for systems that have exec permissions starts the worker process when uaseco starts and if not show a warning asking the admin to start it?
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

oliverde8 wrote: 16 May 2017, 14:23 I quite like the idea of the worker process as well ass it prevents any needs for the usage of the exec.
Can you catually launch multiple worker process?
I guess not, because it does not append his PID into the PID file (it's overwritten). This makes it impossible for other process manager (which uses PIDs) to kill a (or all) worker. Also after one worker sees the controll file to kill himself, the worker deletes it (at least in my version, the current one doesn't, which prevents it from starting).
oliverde8 wrote: 16 May 2017, 14:23 Hmm maybe for systems that have exec permissions starts the worker process when uaseco starts and if not show a warning asking the admin to start it?
Well, yes... the main process should be able to start(/controll) the worker(s), but that's nearly the end of the todo. 8-)

EDIT: Maybe pcntl_fork() would be nice, but can that bring again trouble with windows hosted servers? Hmmm...
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

well if you wish to use exec, there is a library I made that allow to do it. It checks if it's windows and proper libraries to allow equivalent of exec to be used are present it uses them, if not it runs them without exec so not asynchronously.

https://github.com/oliverde8/PHP-AsynchronousJobs

If exec is deactivated on server it should also switch to non asynchronous mode but it doesn't work, seems like I have missed something.

But I quite like your solution as there is no exec involved.
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...
Tavernicole

Post by Tavernicole »

Hi all!

Thank you undef for the update, we're so happy to have the mania-karma, live ranking and music server running again! It's a very good job in a so little time :1010

We've installed all the files and processes following your online documentation, and we have two three things to report. These remarks are not critical, it's just to avoid you from going on holidays now, lol...

Command not working

We can't use the "/admin remove" command. Even if we use a "/list" command before to display the list of maps, entering "/admin remove 1" for instance, the controler responds that we must use /list before.

Missing antislash check

If you enter in the <mapimages_path> tag of uaseco.xml (line #87) a path to a folder, the last folder name is understood as a file prefix. The comportment is different from the <dedicated_installation> tag (line #67) in which the last folder name is understood as a folder. I suppose the code doesn't check and add a backslash at the end of the path. To resolve the issue, we added an extra backslash, so don't waste time with this now, keep it for a rainy sunday afternoon.

Memory load

I updated one of our game server and checked the window task manager before updating the second server, and here are the results:

uaseco v0.9.1 occupies 3.5MB of memory, while uaseco v0.9.2 needs 36.8MB (uaseco.php + webrequest.php). As before, this issue is not critical as a game server has sufficient memory to handle this, but I'm sure that with this one I will definitely ruin your next sunday, lol!

Best regards and a ton of thanks!
ヅわ てavernicole
- Team Chameaux -

Return to “UASECO”