Please use this section for sharing questions about CHANNELS or creating a thread for having feedback on your PROGRAMS!
Moderator: English Moderator
The TrackMania Rivals Server is one step closer to reality. It needs further fine-tuning before it is ready to go public. We should see it ready to go by April 3rd!
Also new in TrackMania Rivals, you can now make your own tracks and have the submitted to the channel!
How to create a track for Rivals:
- The track MUST be multi-lap, and in Canyon only.
- It can be as long or as short as you want, but the validation time must be at least 2 minutes and 30 seconds long (2:30). Adjust the lap count if necessary.
- Tech tracks are strongly recommended. No Fullspeed/Nascar, RPG, or LOL tracks!
- Keep mixmapping at a minimum.
- Be considerate of less-experienced players when building the track.
- Use the ManiaExchange signpack for your tracks and use them to mark directions, shortcuts, and obstacles.
- At least 2 checkpoints must be placed on the track.
- No using mods that change the texture of the map. You may use custom blocks/items, as long as they are embeddable.
- Make it pretty! Add trees, terraforming, etc. The map weight must be at least 7,000 coppers, but no more than 12,000 coppers to keep performance at its highest.
- Additionally, the track must have at least default computed shadows.
- It has to have a replay mediatracker. This means adding custom cameras to be played in spectator/replay mode.
- The track also must have a Podium, where the winning cars will be showcased at the end of the race.
- When you are finished with the track, you may upload it in any way you want (ManiaExchange, MediaFire, etc.). Send me a message here on the forum with a link to your track so I can inspect it and make any changes if necessary. Once that is done, the track will be ready to play on TrackMania Rivals!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest