What do you think of, expect, want in Shootmania?

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

User avatar
GanjaRider
Posts: 317
Joined: 17 Jun 2010, 10:23
Location: The Netherlands

Re: What do you think of, expect, want in Shootmania?

Post by GanjaRider » 21 Oct 2011, 13:15

I was also thinking it will have a UT flavour but its just a guess ofcourse. The first video shows a node with a green beam which looks like the nodes in UT Onslaught/Warfare. If so it will be awesome cause that is my fav game mode. But it could also be CTF. I also noticed a large area of the map where nothing is happening so it would mean long walking times. Or will they add a trackmania car with side blades? ROAD RAMPAGE FTW!! :yes:

edit. and since its pegi3 someone make a gore mod please ;)
edit2. its pegi12 now so nvm :)
Last edited by GanjaRider on 21 Oct 2011, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

metoxys
Translator
Translator
Posts: 2021
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 20:45
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: What do you think of, expect, want in Shootmania?

Post by metoxys » 21 Oct 2011, 14:18

GanjaRider wrote:and since its pg3 someone make a gore mod please ;)
:lol:
Reverse engineering the system

User avatar
GanjaRider
Posts: 317
Joined: 17 Jun 2010, 10:23
Location: The Netherlands

Re: What do you think of, expect, want in Shootmania?

Post by GanjaRider » 21 Oct 2011, 17:04

Nah a fps without gore is reverse engineering. But lets just wait till the game is released and then judge. ;)

metoxys
Translator
Translator
Posts: 2021
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 20:45
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: What do you think of, expect, want in Shootmania?

Post by metoxys » 21 Oct 2011, 17:41

The video got re-uploaded but now it says Pegi 12!
Expect dead bodies, flying organs, stomach ingredients on the spawn points! :pop:

User avatar
Trackmaniack
Posts: 2137
Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 16:16
Location: Iowa City, IA
Contact:

Re: What do you think of, expect, want in Shootmania?

Post by Trackmaniack » 21 Oct 2011, 17:46

metoxys wrote:The video got re-uploaded but now it says Pegi 12!
Expect dead bodies, flying organs, stomach ingredients on the spawn points! :pop:
Nah, that'd be an M rating...this gets a T, so it's going to be blood, but no dismemberment...
WIP

User avatar
GanjaRider
Posts: 317
Joined: 17 Jun 2010, 10:23
Location: The Netherlands

Re: What do you think of, expect, want in Shootmania?

Post by GanjaRider » 21 Oct 2011, 19:05

Good. :thumbsup:

metoxys
Translator
Translator
Posts: 2021
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 20:45
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: What do you think of, expect, want in Shootmania?

Post by metoxys » 21 Oct 2011, 19:47

Trackmaniack wrote:no dismemberment...
:|

User avatar
Trackmaniack
Posts: 2137
Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 16:16
Location: Iowa City, IA
Contact:

Re: What do you think of, expect, want in Shootmania?

Post by Trackmaniack » 21 Oct 2011, 20:17

metoxys wrote:
Trackmaniack wrote:no dismemberment...
:|
Well, not to say it won't be in there at all...but it ain't gonna be in the vanilla game. IMO, that's overrated, anyhow. Halo's the best shooter of all time. No dismemberment. However, from the other perspective, Jedi Knight, Dark Forces II, had dismemberment....accessible through command console coding. (Say that three times fast :P ) Due to the fact that it was a lightsaber, the game could still get away with a T rating, methinks, because the lightsaber would cauterize the wounds.
WIP

User avatar
janculits
Posts: 102
Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 18:27

Re: What do you think of, expect, want in Shootmania?

Post by janculits » 21 Oct 2011, 20:26

Imagine if the fighters are robots - all the dismemberment you can possibly wish for :roflol:

That would fit SM IMO


Also this would make easier custom character import, because no skeleton rigging would be needed then.
Just use parts like on cars - for example wheels - instead you just get legs and arms :lol:
ImageImage
My garage on Maniapark >>>

metoxys
Translator
Translator
Posts: 2021
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 20:45
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: What do you think of, expect, want in Shootmania?

Post by metoxys » 21 Oct 2011, 20:43

Trackmaniack wrote:
metoxys wrote:
Trackmaniack wrote:no dismemberment...
:|
Well, not to say it won't be in there at all...but it ain't gonna be in the vanilla game. IMO, that's overrated, anyhow. Halo's the best shooter of all time. No dismemberment. However, from the other perspective, Jedi Knight, Dark Forces II, had dismemberment....accessible through command console coding. (Say that three times fast :P ) Due to the fact that it was a lightsaber, the game could still get away with a T rating, methinks, because the lightsaber would cauterize the wounds.
(happy 1800 posts! I also seem to have reached my 1500 somehow this week)

Well, that was a joke about dismemberment being so good. The best shooter ever is TF2 :yes: :clap:

Post Reply

Return to “Shootmania”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests