Future titlepack + pls help with well, a bunch of stuff

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

VMan2002

Future titlepack + pls help with well, a bunch of stuff

Post by VMan2002 » 23 Feb 2018, 14:37

I don't exactly know what to title this so I tried my best

Basically a future titlepack idea.

These objects will exist in it. About 1/2 size of a regular block.
https://i.imgur.com/fgywFLE.png
this is 2 merged screenshots + 94 objects in this list

And also - can you give me ideas for objects?

And also - I can't do ManiaScript menus pls help :(

And also - idk if this is a bug but when the menu music and race music are the exact same file, the game restarts the music when entering a solo map

And also - the nadeo importer is very tedious to use. I want to be able to have a non-repetitive way to port these models to Maniaplanet.
such as: one-click button in a blender add-on to convert all curves to meshes, set a material name like ArenaFloor, add a lightmap UV layer, create object icons with names displayed in the icons, and export all objects to individual FBX files.

Skyslide

Re: Future titlepack + pls help with well, a bunch of stuff

Post by Skyslide » 23 Feb 2018, 15:27

first, which environment ..?
you should tell us atleast that ^^

blender:
alt + c =
  • curve to mesh
  • mesh to curve
LightMap:
do you know how to make lightmaps or do you just want a button to create them (random lightmap confirmed, expect basic mesh like a cube)

for exporting all VISIBLE meshes in SINGLE fbx files, maxi031 made a script for that, it also creates lightmap+basematerial layer
icons are also possible to make with that addon, dont forget, icons dont get embed anymore, they stay local only
for icons you need <fbxlocation>/Icon/fbxname.tga, it should be 64, 128 or 256x256 rgb/rgba, blender can export it...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ar1oH ... h9Ynx_uq5g
about the export:
every visible object gets exported to the choosen location (you need the absolute path, disable "relative path" at the bottom left)
all export settings are fine, just need to select export folder, and the click export

*note you also can make multiple sizes for exported fbx, just choose a maximal size and name your item like blockname_#7
if you enabled different scales for export, #7 is the biggest one, 5 will be the smallest, its always the half, #6 is the half of #7 etc..

VMan2002

Post by VMan2002 » 24 Feb 2018, 01:25

Skyslide wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 15:27
first, which environment ..?
you should tell us atleast that ^^
Valley with a stadium car
blender:
alt + c =
  • curve to mesh
  • mesh to curve
LightMap:
do you know how to make lightmaps or do you just want a button to create them (random lightmap confirmed, expect basic mesh like a cube)
yeah i've done this before thanks
for exporting all VISIBLE meshes in SINGLE fbx files, maxi031 made a script for that, it also creates lightmap+basematerial layer
icons are also possible to make with that addon, dont forget, icons dont get embed anymore, they stay local only
for icons you need <fbxlocation>/Icon/fbxname.tga, it should be 64, 128 or 256x256 rgb/rgba, blender can export it...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ar1oH ... h9Ynx_uq5g
about the export:
every visible object gets exported to the choosen location (you need the absolute path, disable "relative path" at the bottom left)
all export settings are fine, just need to select export folder, and the click export
Pretty cool and does save some time but:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\Maniaplanet_Blender_Script_by_Maxi031_V6.py", line 398, in execute
    exportFbx(context,self)
  File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\Maniaplanet_Blender_Script_by_Maxi031_V6.py", line 69, in exportFbx
    fbxPath = getDirectoryPath(ctx)
  File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\Maniaplanet_Blender_Script_by_Maxi031_V6.py", line 34, in getDirectoryPath
    os.makedirs(fbxPath)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\python\lib\os.py", line 241, in makedirs
    mkdir(name, mode)
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 3] The system cannot find the path specified: ''

when trying to make an icon

and also i'd like to have a button to do all things to all objects
and what does fix vertecies do
*note you also can make multiple sizes for exported fbx, just choose a maximal size and name your item like blockname_#7
if you enabled different scales for export, #7 is the biggest one, 5 will be the smallest, its always the half, #6 is the half of #7 etc..
Is that what is used for the different sized objects in the rpg titlepack? if so thanks

Skyslide

Post by Skyslide » 24 Feb 2018, 12:07

is that error for export items or icon?
i use the blender cameraicon for screen, the script just for exporting
the camera icon is under the 3d window, last icon in the bottombar

fix verticies changes 0.00001 to 0.001 or even higher, idk ^^

blender 2.79 maybe dont work with that script, i use 2.78a
you also should use another addon for the uv area
search in internet for blender uv sqares addon
it makes your unwrapped stuff to a grid, square grid or symmetric from 3d (only square faces, if you have 5poly face or more, rip)

Return to “Trackmania 2”