[MP4] Testmode is different from Validation Mode

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

ThaumicTom

[MP4] Testmode is different from Validation Mode

Post by ThaumicTom »

Hi there,

as you can see in these two videos, they are different in behaviour, but reproduced identical. I pressed forward on both videos. Notice that 1 is in the Testmode and 2 the Validation Mode. Yes, this is the Canyon Car in Lagoon, but this has nothing to do with the actual problem, it may be the Magnet Boosters. 1: https://streamable.com/41pde 2: https://streamable.com/o1nug
ThaumicTom | TMX | MX | Twitch | Twitter | xd
Specs: Ryzen 7 1800X, Radeon RX Vega 56, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 RAM, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD, be quiet! 600W PSU
Demented

Re: [MP4] Testmode is different from Validation Mode

Post by Demented »

I've run into this before too while making PF tracks. It does seem like the two start methods are identical but...
In Test mode the car starts with its full weight on the track (Shocks Compressed).
In Validation mode the car is slightly raised during the countdown (Shocks Uncompressed) and dropped on the track at go.
This slight variation in start physics is enough to make the difference.
It's a good visual example of Chaos Theory (The Butterfly Effect). :)
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Miss

Re: [MP4] Testmode is different from Validation Mode

Post by Miss »

Does the same thing happen if you start driving forward, and while holding forward respawn and then play the map in test mode? Or is that already done on the first streamable link?
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Trackmania² Reports”