Vsync in Trackmania 2 (off or on)

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

romanobelucci

Vsync in Trackmania 2 (off or on)

Post by romanobelucci »

Hello everyone.

Got a little problem here.

Im playin on 144 hz monitor and Gtx 1060. I dont know if i should play with vsync off or on. I think vsync in Tm2 i broken. When i turn it on in nv setting and in the game i have fps drops (from 144 to 120 somewhere) and automaticcly in valley drops to 72 in forest with fullscreen. When i change to full windowed mode... The drops from 72 are 110 and its stutter. But with vsync the background move is smooth only on 144fps. When i turn vsync off. I have 160-200 - no fps drops, zero stutter or lag. Its perfect but the background movement. I mean road, hills, signs and everything is little less smooth compare to vsync. So my question is... How do u play? Vsync off? Or on?. I play very high settings. Not ultra. No motion blur. Cpu/gpu one frame. I see vsync in this game cut too much fps ( i mean under 144 ) because when its off i have very high. Thanks for help. Cya
LBT76240
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Vsync in Trackmania 2 (off or on)

Post by LBT76240 »

Hi

The Vsync technology was made to prevent the tearing of the image, but for that it has to synchronize the framerate of the GPU with the refresh rate of your monitor (here 144 Hz). When your GPU has a lower framerate than your monitor, the Vsync technology divides the framerate by 2 to be able to synchronize the GPU with the monitor. That is why it dropped to 72 with Vsync on and only to 110 without.
So if you want to use Vsync make sure that you are always at a higher framerate than your monitor refresh rate to avoid those drops.
romanobelucci

Post by romanobelucci »

Hello again. I have no screen tearing but without vsync i have not completely smooth gameplay. Fps 160-200 but little stutter in the background. I dont want to use vsync. Is it possible with too much fps the game is stuttery? When i lock to 100 fps the gameplay is fine. My question is how people playing this.
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

I use this setting with my GTX 1060 and I'm pretty fine with it (in full screen and windowed):
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
romanobelucci

Post by romanobelucci »

"I use this setting with my GTX 1060 and I'm pretty fine with it (in full screen and windowed)"

So u play without VSYNC. Could u show me your other graphic settings on MP?
Miss

Post by Miss »

Why did you report undef's post? Only leads to wasting a moderator's time. :?
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
romanobelucci

Post by romanobelucci »

Miss wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 17:05 Why did you report undef's post? Only leads to wasting a moderator's time. :?
Sorry. Missclick. New in forum...
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

romanobelucci wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 16:41
undef.de wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 19:34 I use this setting with my GTX 1060 and I'm pretty fine with it (in full screen and windowed):
Sure: https://www.undef.name/Misc/Specs.php#ConfigManiaplanet
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

romanobelucci

Post by romanobelucci »

romanobelucci wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 16:41
I use this setting with my GTX 1060 and I'm pretty fine with it (in full screen and windowed):
[/quote]

So i see u have 160-250 fps with no vsync. U dont feel stuttery on the background? Maybe its just my imagination.
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

romanobelucci wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 17:58 So i see u have 160-250 fps with no vsync. U dont feel stuttery on the background? Maybe its just my imagination.
Yes, around 160 FPS and no stuttering on the background or somewhere else. It runs smooth as hell.

Return to “Maniaplanet Reports”