Vsync in Trackmania 2 (off or on)

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

Miss

Re: Vsync in Trackmania 2 (off or on)

Post by Miss »

You might be running in windowed or borderless, in which case (I believe) Windows' compositor takes care of the vertical sync.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

Miss wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 15:33 You might be running in windowed or borderless, in which case (I believe) Windows' compositor takes care of the vertical sync.
It's "FullScreen" for me, but anyway in "Windowed" or "WindowedFull" I don't see any differences about stuttering.
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
romanobelucci

Post by romanobelucci »

For my eyes the whole game is less smooth without vsync. But i hate VSYNC and i always play games with this option off. In Trackmania 2 When VSYNC is on its smoother but the drops ruin the game. So I mixed your graphic setting with mine. Thank U for this photos of your options. Its little better than before. Huge fps boost. I should just play, not watch the background hills and looking for imperfection ;)
Last edited by romanobelucci on 03 Nov 2018, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
romanobelucci

Post by romanobelucci »

Also my fullscreen option dont work. I have to always change it in options from windowed full to fullscreen every time.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

why don't you configure it in the launcher? Maniaplanetlauncher.exe is the tool for that.
romanobelucci

Post by romanobelucci »

TMarc wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 14:45 why don't you configure it in the launcher? Maniaplanetlauncher.exe is the tool for that.
I have fullscreen on launcher... Entering the game - windowed full
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

that's strange. Did you configure a higher resolution than your screen actually has?

In some cases, settings are bugged, and deleting the file Default.SystemConfig.Gbx (your documents, Maniaplanet\config ) might restore proper settings.
romanobelucci

Post by romanobelucci »

TMarc wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 15:59 that's strange. Did you configure a higher resolution than your screen actually has?

In some cases, settings are bugged, and deleting the file Default.SystemConfig.Gbx (your documents, Maniaplanet\config ) might restore proper settings.
I deleted this file... And it fixed my bug ;) thank u. How do U play? Vsync off, on?
Miss

Post by Miss »

TMarc wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 15:59 that's strange. Did you configure a higher resolution than your screen actually has?

As is explained in the link I posted a few posts ago.
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Maniaplanet Reports”