The Situation in ShootMania

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Miss

Re: The Situation in ShootMania

Post by Miss » 15 Apr 2019, 13:00

moimoi69 wrote:
15 Apr 2019, 09:47
To conclude, for some time now, we can notice that former players are coming back to the game as well as new players!
Yesterday there were 70 players in the afternoon it was rare but I think it's a sign.
Really? In Shootmania?
1070 GTX, i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative Maniaplanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream on Twitch and tweet on Twitter.

moimoi69

Post by moimoi69 » 15 Apr 2019, 14:42

Yessss 70 in shootmania :3 :1010

Miss

Post by Miss » 15 Apr 2019, 15:15

That's really good! :D
1070 GTX, i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative Maniaplanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream on Twitch and tweet on Twitter.

smet17

Post by smet17 » 15 Apr 2019, 17:35

Hello, since 5 years on the game, thanks to the discovery of leswc 2013, for me in Sm there is a big problem the pub, given a global life has sm through the big streamers by paying them as for other games . I think if they do that by paying streamers for the pub then think about the future of the game without streamers. By putting tournaments ranked competitions attractives (As fortnite example even if there are fewer people now but it is thanks to the arrival of the mode competition, the world remains) = to remain attractive in a game it is primordial. Because for me there is no esport in a game today the game died little by little (example PUBG) So please nadeo and ubisoft, you try for Tm but Sm it you raise it like that it will resume. You just have to take a risk like a lot of things in life. I hope deep down that you will try to allow this game to bounce in the right direction.

THANK YOU IF NADEO LETS THIS MESSAGE and understands that this is a simple reflection of a player who loves Sm even if he is dead :oops:

djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus » 15 Apr 2019, 23:24

smet17 wrote:
15 Apr 2019, 17:35
for me in Sm there is a big problem the pub, given a global life has sm through the big streamers by paying them as for other games . I think if they do that by paying streamers for the pub then think about the future of the game without streamers. By putting tournaments ranked competitions attractives (As fortnite example even if there are fewer people now but it is thanks to the arrival of the mode competition, the world remains) = to remain attractive in a game it is primordial. Because for me there is no esport in a game today the game died little by little (example PUBG)
It's not true at all. Competitive is still a niche group of players in every game, pubg isn't dying because of lack of esport events, it's dying because of lackluster relevancy in challenging BR market. Bringing to viewers interesting esport show doesn't mean, they will buy the game to be on similar level. The great example is Darwin Project, an interesting and unique concept for BR game. They hosted a 100.000$ tournament for 10 big streamers, over 400 000 people watched this cup, only 400 people bought the game. Shootmania is old on all levels, You have archaic/clunky mechanics, boring and way too simplistic gamemode rotation for casual players, outdated visuals, no tutorials, no universe, no progression, nothing to be cared about. It was an empty project that was nicely asked to be filled by community creations, but hey, these era of multiplayer gaming died in 2008, people don't want mods in mp game, they want ranked matchmaking, levels, skins to unlock, seasonal major updates with new major content, fun goofy modes to play with friends. Shootmania was big back in 2012 only because there were competitions ran by Ubisoft, so ex quake/UT pros came to the game to win easy money and move to another game, sm was a forced esport title and they're marketing was very bad, people played open beta because it was free to try so...it says a lot why on release numbers dropped drastically, nothing for casuals, nothing for pros, just modding tools waiting to be used. There is no way Storm will resurect from the grave, at least they can go to drawing board and rework entire concept to bring something like TM Turbo, bring identity to the franchise and build relevancy to create new movement shooter.
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib

Return to “Shootmania”