In-Game server hosting

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

D1visor

In-Game server hosting

Post by D1visor »

Greetings,

I wanted to make an in-game server to play with a friend and noticed that things have significantly changed.

1. I have to pick a config, and there's a bunch of them
2. I can't add campaign maps, only custom maps

So what gives? Why over-complicate things so much?
In the previous versions and also previous games you literally just went undermultiplayer>create server>name, timelimit, etc> pick track>run

If I google, I find nothing useful, if I search the forums I'd have to filter through so much.
Alinoa

Re: In-Game server hosting

Post by Alinoa »

Hi,

I posted this message in a topic talking about the hotseat and this can help you out for the server configuration:
Alinoa wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 12:47 Hi Colosso,

Here is a quick help explaining hotseats functions.

Number 1: Here is the game script and the hotseat is selected by default. So don't change it.

Number 2: By clicking on script parameters, you can edit some parameters as the track time, warmu-up, etc.

Number 3: Here you can select maps that have been downloaded on your maniaplanet folder (C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\ManiaPlanet\Maps) or tracks that you created from the editor

Number 4: By clicking on the load button, you can choose maps of the Canyon campaign. It will load all maps of a level (only White, Green or Blue)

So to start a hotseat, steps of the number 1 and 2 are optional (you can leave the default parameters).
The main step is to choose your tracks ( by using your tracks or campaign tracks), then click on the button "next".
Then please choose the number of players and their name and click on "start game".

I hope this will help you out.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

Return to “Multiplayer”