Player's insults

Moderator: English Moderator

Sylferey

Player's insults

Post by Sylferey »

Hello, I just wanted to leave this here, because I have not much idea how it works in game and if it's possible (since i have never seen a moderator).
I have this guy who keeps insulting / taunting me everytime I join infection channel, I don't know if it's possible to make anything, or to ignore him?

Please let me know if it's possible to ignore (like in WoW) the player, or something of that kind :)
Thank you
Attachments
screenshot
screenshot
equilibrium insult 16.png (703.13 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
Miss

Re: Player's insults

Post by Miss »

Yes! There is a report button.

1: In-game, hold Tab and click on the person icon:

2: Click "Report Abuse"

In some ShootMania gamemodes it's a bit hard to find, so here's the steps to find it all the time: (a little bit hard to do, I hope Nadeo fixes this some day..)

1: Press Escape and click on "Advanced Options"

2: Click on "Player Profiles"

3: Using the Left & Right buttons at the top, find the player you want to report

4: Click "Report Abuse"
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Dmark

Post by Dmark »

I was there on Channel and I dont think it was really meant as an insult. I think you have discussed why Infection without shooting is more funny.
But yes, his words wasnt a good choice. I will speak to him to stop that language.

Feel free to join again if you want :) If I would leave ManiaPlanet cause of an insult, I would have left 6 years ago.

And btw: there are many players who always use "fdp" or "fucking retard" ingame, which isnt good in general but cant be changed really.

Thanks Miss for explaining, thats new for me as well, never used this option :thumbsup:
No risk, no fun!

"Now, we should focus on making things." :pop:
Equilibrium

Post by Equilibrium »

Nice screenshot there, left the part out where you actually STARTED the insulting, after I simply explained why some players shoot and some don't... Coincidentally you started it with the same insult I threw back to you in the screenshot. But for some reason I am not on this forum complaining.

Also, I have never, ever, seen you before as far as I can tell. So how exactly could I have insulted you everytime you join the server? The only way that would be possible is if today was your first time there...

Overall, I would rate this 1/10. You announced to the whole server that you would fuck up my real life and that I should watch out. That is also what I meant in the screenshot with troubles btw.

If this is how you do it, that is actually pretty pathetic.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Wow okay. I'm gonna close this thread before it gets too flamey. Sylferey, please send a PM to Alinoa if you still wish to report this.

(Not taking any sides here by the way, it's impossible to know what truly happened here, which only Nadeo can find out.)

Also, to answer your second question; no, there is currently no way to "ignore" a player in chat. :(
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Support and technical issues (not bug)”