Player Info API

Maniaplanet public API, ManiaConnect system and the open source PHP SDK.

Moderator: NADEO

Tobirousch

Player Info API

Post by Tobirousch »

Hey everyone, I am currently working on a private project concerning automated tournaments within MP.
I built a lobby server where I create a manialink with the list of open matches.

My Problem is that unless the player is connected to the server I have no way of finding out his Nickname.
I am displaying the logins because of this very reason but I wondered why there issn't an API where you can get this information from since it's public information anyway.
Sadly I can't integrate the Oauth2 from MP either :|

Any idea's? Maybe I missed something.
Alinoa

Re: Player Info API

Post by Alinoa »

Hello Tobirousch,

Did you see that we had developed a tool for managing competition: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=45815?
You can ask for having access to it to look at it.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Tobirousch

Post by Tobirousch »

Thx for your answer. This gives me some mixed feelings looking at my already spent time but I'll replay in the other thread.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

You don't need to be sad. You did certainly learn a lot, and this will definitely help you regardless which tool you will use in the end.
Be proud of yourself :yes:
Tobirousch

Post by Tobirousch »

Yeah. But my intial question still stands btw.
I assume there is no way of doing it?
Kinda sad that there is no public API for this imo. Would greatly appreciate that.

I'd rather display the nickname instead of the login but I only got the logins :/
I guess you can't help it if it doesn't exist.
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hello Tobirousch,

We don't have any public API to retrieve players' nicknames. And the only way would be to use OAuth2 and that players whose you need to have the nicknames allow you through an oauth2 connection.
But you said that you couldn't integrate the Oauth2 from MP and we don't have other solution to propose you.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Chris92
Translator
Translator

Post by Chris92 »

You could always employ the technique others are using and try and get the users' nickname from stuff like Dedimania.
Check out my Personal Twitter account!

Return to “Maniaplanet Web Services”